Wildy Radar 135

Kayakfisher82

Wildy Radar 135

Post by Kayakfisher82 »

Picking up a Radar 135 soon. Coming from a 2015 Hobie PA12. Been doing a bit of river fishing and its a blast. I have a 2016 Vibe Seaghost 130 but the seat is hurting my back. My cousin decided he wanted to buy it so that free's up room for the Radar. Is anyone out there about to purchase one or looking into getting one? I like the pedal drive upgrade which will be great to have if my wife ever goes fishing with me. Ever!!!

Decided on the Solar Yellow since its a bit different and for visibility.

For those who wonder about the rudder system. If you are paddling only, add the rudder system for paddling. When you purchase the pedal drive, it also comes with a rudder too but a larger one. So you'll have to swap rudders. Nice thing is, you can have both hand control and foot control rudder lines teathered to the rudder. I have asked this personally and got feedback back from wildy. So you get the best of both worlds. You definetely do not want to paddle with the rudder hand control.. :)

Anyway, I Was going to pick one up last weekend but I was greeted by a high school kid who worked there at ACK. I nicely asked to check if there is any in stock. Immediately he told me they are not available till next year and recommended me a Pescador Pilot and kept mentioning about it over and over and over. I think he really wants one himself. I specifically asked for the Wildy Radar 135 too. And I spoke english! Finally I asked someone else and they said the same.. None in stock! But finally got on the computer and checked. 4 of each color in stock. That was the worst customer service I have ever had walking into ACK. I do my research so don't waste time. They wasted mine so I left. Didn't have my trailer anyway.. I will be back to pick one up. They wouldn't give me a discount so I'll ask some other worker next time.
DumpTruck

Re: Wildy Radar 135

Post by DumpTruck »

Hmm. I thought they were not available till the new year too. Also, this is literally the first time I have ever heard a complaint about ack customer service. In every review and in my personal experience they have always gone above and beyond. Strange.
Kayakfisher82

Post by Kayakfisher82 »

DumpTruck wrote:Hmm. I thought they were not available till the new year too. Also, this is literally the first time I have ever heard a complaint about ack customer service. In every review and in my personal experience they have always gone above and beyond. Strange.
It was my first bad experience. High school kids who are not experienced with customer service shouldn't be working at a place like this. I shop at ACK all the time too. I bought two Hobies there and helped a friend get his yaks there too..

Anyway.. the Radar 135's are in stock. Its the 115 that isn't available till january I believe..
oarfish

Post by oarfish »

That makes 3 of us. ACK has excellent service. Stop by the store and have a talk with management. Mention the employee's names too. ACK has worked long and hard to build there base.
Kayakfisher82

Post by Kayakfisher82 »

oarfish wrote:That makes 3 of us. ACK has excellent service. Stop by the store and have a talk with management. Mention the employee's names too. ACK has worked long and hard to build there base.
I am pretty good friends with the manager. He wasnt there that day. I gave no names.. just explained to him what happened. It's all good though. I will be back in a couple of weeks and see if I can't find someone else more knowledgable..
Kayakfisher82

Post by Kayakfisher82 »

Picked it up Sunday.. and took it back Tuesday for an exchange because of the color blend. First one had one yellow strip under the seat and the rest of the yak was OD Green. Not what I wanted but my buddy at ACK had someone bring the last one in the warehouse to the store and I did a swap that morning.

I will be installing the foot control rudder system, yak attack HD anchor trolley, and 5050SMD 30" LEDs to it. May get a sounder for it later on but most likely not since this yak was intended for shallow river fishing.

I may upgrade to the pedal drive later when they release it
If I need to pedal, I'll just use my PA12.
Attachments
20161201_014222.png
20161201_014256.png
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

Looks good! Think you could fit fishing poles in the hull through the front hatch?
Kayakfisher82

Post by Kayakfisher82 »

DumpTruck wrote:Looks good! Think you could fit fishing poles in the hull through the front hatch?
I have not tried but it seems like it's possible. I will report back once I try.
Kayakfisher82

Post by Kayakfisher82 »

I was able to fit two 7' baitcaster and two 7'6" baitcaster combos. Also had a power pole 8.5" spike and a yak attack 8' stake out pole in the hull as well... could probably fit a lot more. Works best with rod socks though..
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

Right on! Thanks for the info.