Which Kayak to Get

BJRutt

Which Kayak to Get

Post by BJRutt »

I've narrowed my search down to three fishing kayaks in the same general price range. Im looking to get one of these, and would love feedback from the forum on why you love/hate. You can provide opinions on one or a comparison - all input is welcome and appreciated, so thank you

1) Jackson Cuda 12

2) Jackson Coosa 12

3) Feel Free Lure 11.5

I will use in all condition: some inshore, some lake/pond, some river. It seems there is a trade off between speed and stand-ability, but I would love a kayak that I could actual stand up in and feel comfortable doing so. Additionally, I do not want a bigger/smaller kayak. 12 feet is the size I have settled on because it is sizeable but will nicely fit over top of my prius. :D.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Re: Which Kayak to Get

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

the best thing you could do is go to a demo days and test them all. you'll have to do both FTU and ACK's demo days since FTU has the jacksons and ACK has the FeelFree brand. if there are none scheduled soon you should be able to rent all three, it's a lot cheaper than buying one and hating it and having to sell it for a loss. the majority of kayakers are cheap, that's why we don't have boats! :lol:
quigly7777

Post by quigly7777 »

I also recommend doing demo days or renting first. I did two ACK demo days, took out lots of Kayaks and decided on the Lure 11.5. I liked the sonar pod and the demo guy made me stand up, even just for a moment, and it felt pretty good.
txspeck
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by txspeck »

Demo before purchasing.
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

What they just posted :roll:
Try befor u buy!

Z-man
1212hammer

Post by 1212hammer »

Feel free heavy ..but great Yak

JK COOSA .. Is more a river Yak
JK COOSA HD is a better one for you

My pick JK CUDA 12 Great all around yak