Thinking about a SUP

oarfish

Thinking about a SUP

Post by oarfish »

What's SUP stand for? Just kidding.

I wanna buy a SUP and not spend a boat load of money. Any ideas on a new SUP that I could rig for salt water? Thanks guys.
Ponky

Re: Thinking about a SUP

Post by Ponky »

ive been making plans on building one but not sure what materials to use. it cant be too heavy thats for sure. i was looking that Pelican makes one. that would probably be the cheapest i think??
i would prefer a SOT kayak that u can stand on. SUP boards have good primary stability but lack secondary stability. Kayaks have weak primary but great secondary. secondary stability is more forgiving imo...
the only awaome SUP i know about that is super stable looks like some sort of pontoon boat. like a wavewalk kayak but flat. its called L2Fish.
oarfish

Post by oarfish »

I've been eyeing a Kaku Kahuna. It seems to be rigged out pretty good right from the factory.
Have a look http://kakukayak.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ponky

Post by Ponky »

those look really nice.
TannerJames

Post by TannerJames »

I was thinking about getting one too about a month ago. I ended up getting a SOT kayak that is stable enough for me to stand up on. I decided to go with the kayak because I wanted to paddle out lines in the surf. I have a friend selling one though. PM me if you'd like more information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

With a capacity of 280 I could not put anymore than myself and my rods on that???? Wheres the fish????