Kayak Nght-Light

hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Re: Kayak Nght-Light

Post by hipshot »

kickingback wrote:Man you need to check your ego at the door. When you are wrong you are wrong. Move on. I got other things to do than to rehash what I already posted above. Please read before opening your mouth again.

Here is the site...
http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/saf ... uirements/

And here is what it states...

"Manually Driven Vessels when Paddled, Poled, Oared or Windblown

A sailing vessel of less than 20 meters (65.6 ft.), while underway shall exhibit sidelights and a sternlight which may be combined in one lantern carried at or near the top of the mast where it can best be seen.
A sailing vessel of less than 7 meters (23 ft.) shall, if practicable, exhibit the sidelights and a sternlight, or shall exhibit at least one bright light, lantern or flashlight from sunset to sunrise when not at dock.
All other manually driven vessels may exhibit sidelights and a sternlight, or shall exhibit at least one bright light, lantern, or flashlight from sunset to sunrise when not at dock. In vessels of less than 12 meters (39.4 feet), white lights shall be visible at a distance of at least two (2) miles. Colored lights shall be visible at a distance of at least one (1) mile. "Visible" when applied to lights, means visible on dark nights with clear atmosphere."

Now move along. I got better things to do like fish.
Wow! Nowhere does that say that kayaks are required to have sidelights. Why do you want to confuse the people who don't know? I gave you the appropriate statutes; those are the law. Not your imagination or your confusion. Your little rant is going to cause some poor new kayaker to think that the state really does require sidelights on his new yak; why do you wish to do that? Go fish. Just quit trying to teach law to the masses. The whole point of the law, and this discussion, is to get everyone on the same page. The correct page.