SeaDek or Harmony Traction?

Warhawk

SeaDek or Harmony Traction?

Post by Warhawk »

I need to put some non-ship surface in the bottom of my kayak. Which is better Seadek or the Harmony Traction mat? Or is there another, hopefully cheaper alternative.

I'm not getting a kit, just some sheet material that I'll cut to fit. Worried about it not sticking and peeling up.
f86sabjf

Re: SeaDek or Harmony Traction?

Post by f86sabjf »

Dunno if it's cheaper but check out Marine mat
rms2005

Post by rms2005 »

+1000 on the marine mat.
JRB-USMC

Post by JRB-USMC »

I have done the cheaper brands and cut them myself to fit my kayak and it turned out ok. I was the only one that could see the flaws unless I pointed them out to others. I was happy with it...

I just installed the Marine Mat kit on my Hobie outback, and WOW! It was so easy and completely worth the money spent. I am much happier with the outcome this time compared to my last kayak. Everything was already cut to fit and the tape (3M) they use is significantly better than the other mat I used. I absolutely agree with the Marine Mat recommendations!
Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Who did you get the Marine Mat kit from for the Hobie Outback. I have a 2016 and am thinking about installing some. I actually have a couple sheets of it but can't really find a templet to use for cutting it properly.
rms2005

Post by rms2005 »

call them and order direct or they have a few on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JRB-USMC

Post by JRB-USMC »

Mr. B wrote:Who did you get the Marine Mat kit from for the Hobie Outback. I have a 2016 and am thinking about installing some. I actually have a couple sheets of it but can't really find a templet to use for cutting it properly.
I got it from ACK.
tritonboats

Post by tritonboats »

I've had Seadek in a couple of my previous kayaks and love it. Now I had it installed on my Hobie PA 14...see pics below
Attachments
Seadek Hobie PA 14 no 2.jpg
Seadek Hobie PA 14.jpg
TxSpeedster

Post by TxSpeedster »

Very clean installation. The fit and finish compliments the yak nicely. I am looking into both SeaDek and MarineMat. SeaDek has a kit for the Kilroy but as of today nothing for the DT. I am hoping to prod them a bit :)

I currently use a Golds Gym exercise mat from Wally World. It is cheap, easily cut to shape and does the job adequately. Not glue or adhesives used; the mat is held to the deck by the same mounting system that secures the seat base and footrest console.
christaarron

Post by christaarron »

Marine mat enhances the look of a boat or cruise that attracts more tourist. But for some only looks is not the ultimate reason to choose a boat the consider safety features as well.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Seadek all the way, I just practiced flipping and reentry today, the Seadek on the front hatch allowed me to pull myself on it with out ever slipping and was above my expectations.
I had Exact Customs come out they measured and installed a perfect job and great people to work with.
Attachments
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Add description
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

One thing I like is how much cooler it keeps the kayak, never thought about that when I was making the purchase.
Attachments
Add description
Add description