NuCanoe

PETEMA

NuCanoe

Post by PETEMA »

Any NuCanoe owners out there? Im considering the Frontier 12
DumpTruck

Re: NuCanoe

Post by DumpTruck »

I don't have one, but I sure like the looks of them... My brother in law is kayak shopping right now, and it looks like the frontier 12 is going to be the winner. We mainly river fish and do shuttle runs with lots of kids and gear, some camping too, and I think that boat looks perfect for that. I also love the seating options and mobility. Showed it to my Wifey, and she liked it too... Hmmm...
Saltwater Assasin

Post by Saltwater Assasin »

I just got my frontier last week and got it slimed on Saturday. I have a short review but it met all my expectations. Stability is outstanding I could sit sideways and fish with wakeboarding boats running beside me no problem. You will not win any races but that was not important to me. I really enjoy the flexibility of the craft and being able to change the layout and power depending on where I am fishing. I am 6'0" 240# and I was able to park under a tree and take a nap on the floor and enjoy the day. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and if you are in the New Braunfels area I am usually on the Guad every weekend. If you are in Austin MOC Kayak has a Demo and water behind their shop. The pic is when I just got her home.
Attachments
IMAG0437sm.jpg
PETEMA

Post by PETEMA »

I just demoed the one at Austin MOC Kayak, took my dog with me and couldnt believe the room and stability of it.Ill be using it mostly for fishing, when I get it Ill PM you Saltwater, I havent been out to the Guad yet. Did you get the hunter brown or Green.
Saltwater Assasin

I got the hunter brown, Danny @ MOC can tell you it looks better in person. It is brown with a black spec on it
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

My Bro -in-law ordered one!! We'll test her out real good in June on the Devil's River.
BigDozer66

Post by BigDozer66 »

One of my neighbors has one and he gave a review here:
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubb ... ost7493371

BigDozer66
gmannel

Post by gmannel »

For standing up and sight casting to reds in Aransas Pass - Port A areas I have more or less narrowed down to Big Tuna, Cuda and Nucanoe Frontier. 6 ft and 275. Flyfish mostly, spin if weather forces the issue. Cuda fastest, least wind profile, solo only. Tuna 2 people when needed. Frontier most capacity, most stable for walking around in, and 12 ft length easier to transport. Big question is how is the wind profile of the Frontier given those bay flats conditions? Found I could get any one of these outfitted w/ a BassYak trolling motor set up, which I may do later.
RiveRover

Post by RiveRover »

gmannel wrote:For standing up and sight casting to reds in Aransas Pass - Port A areas I have more or less narrowed down to Big Tuna, Cuda and Nucanoe Frontier. 6 ft and 275. Flyfish mostly, spin if weather forces the issue. Cuda fastest, least wind profile, solo only. Tuna 2 people when needed. Frontier most capacity, most stable for walking around in, and 12 ft length easier to transport. Big question is how is the wind profile of the Frontier given those bay flats conditions? Found I could get any one of these outfitted w/ a BassYak trolling motor set up, which I may do later.
You need to look at a Diablo....12.5 ft 36" wide.....stand and fish all day. :mrgreen:
Saltwater Assasin

The wind profile is pretty high, but I love fishing out of the frontier. I fly fish as well and am working on a striping basket/ leaning post the attaches to the track. Most mods can be added and removed in seconds which i really enjoy. Overall i have found it to be a cool fishing platform.
gmannel

Post by gmannel »

Have you used it at the coast yet? Does it track well despite the wind? Did you rudder yours? Does it take off down wind as soon as you stop paddling?
One thing I like is that it seems you don't need a special trolling motor set up given that transom.
vanjr
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by vanjr »

the nucanoe to me is another one of the many great options we have to fish in a little plastic boat. we are fortunate to live at this time-there are so many great choices out there. i wish i had time and $ to fish in all of them...
lostinthewoods

Post by lostinthewoods »

Hopefully will be picking one up this week or next from Mariner over in Dallas. Just need to get a few minutes off from work.
lostinthewoods

Post by lostinthewoods »

Picked up ours Thursday and took it out for a trial paddle on Marine Creek Lake in Ft Worth. Hopefully I'll have some time to take it out again this week. Paddled by myself and with my son. Even with about 350# pretty dry, didn't have to plug the scuppers, and once we got our paddling down a bit tracked pretty straight. Turns good and stable. Installed one swivel fishing seat this week we need to try out. Thanks to Mike and the crew at Mariner Sails!