TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please Visit our Sponsor Hook1 Kayak Fishing Gear
By Tombo
Brandon317 wrote:This is my first post so I hope I'm doing this right...

Looks like you are going fishing, best post on here.
Welcome to TKF
By TennesseeYak
FishOn101 wrote:
TennesseeYak wrote:Image
It'll hold three 7 footers comfortably.
And, the final touch... A TKF stamp to hold it all together. :D

I like this trailer a lot. Do you know who makes the original trailer? Is it aluminum?

Thank you,

It is a Shore Land'r Tadpull, all carbon steel.
By DownhillKayak
IMG_20160715_192057765_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160715_200027944.jpg
IMG_20160715_192015406.jpg

Hey guys! I had an idea about a month ago since the girl and I have started doing watersports more regularly. So the idea came to just mock up a roof rack system style on my pitbike trailer (adults who ride kids dirt bikes ). Did a quick Google search and found this forum thread of all your crazy kayak trailer builds! Slightly bummed I wasn't the only one with the bright idea of not slugging these led sleds on the roof anymore.

3 weeks later and my 2 test trips are a success. Started with the smallest harbor freight trailer you can possibly buy, extended the arm another 20" with 2"x2" square stock ($26), 12" wheels/tires from Amazon ($32 each), plastic fenders from Amazon ($14 each), generic J hooks from Amazon ($42), and 3, 10ft pieces of Superstrut from Lowe's at $16 a piece + stainless hardware. Just need to finish stripping it to paint and I will be buying another J hook that will fit 2 kayaks for a total of 3 on the trailer.

Very happy, makes life easy and so rad to share with y'all!
By Tombo
DownhillKayak wrote:
IMG_20160715_192057765_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160715_200027944.jpg
IMG_20160715_192015406.jpg

Hey guys! I had an idea about a month ago since the girl and I have started doing watersports more regularly. So the idea came to just mock up a roof rack system style on my pitbike trailer (adults who ride kids dirt bikes ). Did a quick Google search and found this forum thread of all your crazy kayak trailer builds! Slightly bummed I wasn't the only one with the bright idea of not slugging these led sleds on the roof anymore.

3 weeks later and my 2 test trips are a success. Started with the smallest harbor freight trailer you can possibly buy, extended the arm another 20" with 2"x2" square stock ($26), 12" wheels/tires from Amazon ($32 each), plastic fenders from Amazon ($14 each), generic J hooks from Amazon ($42), and 3, 10ft pieces of Superstrut from Lowe's at $16 a piece + stainless hardware. Just need to finish stripping it to paint and I will be buying another J hook that will fit 2 kayaks for a total of 3 on the trailer.

Very happy, makes life easy and so rad to share with y'all!

One of the coolest parts of kayaking is all the tinkering and mods used. First contest I went to was sponsored by PACK hoping to copy some ideas. What I found was no one rigs their kayak, stores their kayak or transports their kayak the same. Sometimes its "necessity is the mother of invention" that brings out the Edison in all of us.
By Kayakfisher82
Folding Harbor Freight trailer with 12" wheels. $230
Ebay Truck Ladder Rack. $82

3" PVC bunks for my 2015 PA12
Ladder Rack for my 2016 Vibe Seaghost.

Cheap and effective!
Attachments
20161115_215348.png
By Tombo
Stouttrout wrote:This was my old aluminum boat trailer. Converted with a truck bed rack and carries our three and gear great.Image

Sorry to steal this thread but your Jeep Grand Wagoneer is so cool, a classic.
By NTXAg
I am looking for some trailer ideas and so I thought I would see what the best minds on TKF had to offer. I am currently hauling two Native Ultimates (12.5 and 14.5) on a modified HF 8x4 trailer with a rod box. It has worked great but the family is growing and we are taking vacations less centered on fishing and more focused on beach time. :? , not a fan of laying on the beach. That means we are transitioning to using the 5x10 single axle trailer with ramp to haul the golf cart, coolers, etc. I am looking to buy/fabricate some removable racks to hold the kayaks down the side. One on each side, two on one side, I am pretty indifferent, just needs to be fairly easy as I am not a great fabricator. The golf cart is lifted so overheard racks would be very tall and not feasible. Anything ideas y'all have to offer would be greatly appreciated.
By Boxermaniac98
ranchdog wrote:My Jeep is my trailer. Yaks on top and everything else inside except for six rods that can be mounted three on each side on the ends of the roof rack bars. I wouldn't have posted this except that my bride is going through the "Post your trailer" thread and remarked how many trailers were being pulled by Jeeps. I tried to explain to her that besides the obvious of not launching at the public boat ramp, lots of "kids" own kayaks and lots of "kids" like Jeeps. Obviously I am one of them. Be a "kid" forever! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I need a trailer like that, then when I am in the water mama can go shopping. We will both be happy.
By HillCountyHoyt
This is the trailer I built recently. I think it turned out nice. Pulls great and holds all my stuff. The tongue folds up and the whole thing fits into my garage.
Attachments
tube.jpg
IMG_3927-1.JPG
trailer 1.jpg
By krfish
Purchased a boat trailer, and converted it to haul my two kayaks. Trailer had been sitting on its axle in a pasture for the last 5 years. She's almost ready to go.
Put new tires and rims on, and replaced bearings and seals.
ImageImage
Added Welded a brace for yaks, added pvc, and LED tail lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you tie today?

Did a little freshwater fly fishing to thoroughly[…]

Vibe Sea Ghost 130.

I've had my SG 130 for a year now, and I'm very im[…]

Jackson Kayak DEMOS on sale - 3 left!

The Coosa HD and Cruise 12 were sold.

Fish finders

Debating between the Lowrance Hook4 or Garmin Stri[…]