TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please Visit our Sponsor Hook1 Kayak Fishing Gear
By DrKyle1
So the other day I contacted yakima Customer service and asked about replacement parts for my rollers. They have turned to this gooey sticky mess over the years. I never washed them with any chemicals nor did they stay on my vehicles for extended time. I told them that hey were 3-4 years old sent pics and to my surprise the lady said that they were still under warranty ... holy cow she is sending me 2 replacement sets!!! All I can say is wow! Give it a try if your rollers are in the same condition.
Attachments
373BF1E0-7482-4BBE-9BE1-AB8755A7C39B.jpeg
2DBCE05E-2055-428B-B1BD-C30D8C2B1AF0.jpeg
CF794511-23F1-4C2E-8989-4F68DAC16578.jpeg
By imaoldmanyoungsalt
I had same experience with a rifle a few years ago. My Winchester model 70 had a synthetic stock with the duratouch finish. It sat in the gun safe for several years. When I took it out to go to the range the finish had turned to "chewing gum". The gun was 12 yes old but when I called browning and they said they would take care of it. I took it to a local service dealer and they replaced it with new walnut stock, no charge. Some company's still do good business!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
By JW FunGuy
Wow I’m going to have to go look at mine! I hardly use them anymore. Thanks for the heads up!

The problem, I believe, is all the polyurethane everyone is using these days. They just fall apart after awhile. Shoe/boot midsoles are the worst and companies won’t stand behind those! I’m glad to hear that Yakima still is.
28.5" 9lb Trout

Stud fish, that trout. And look at that Baffin b[…]

How much without the trailer?

Fish Behavior

never seen speckled trout jump. Ladyfish tailstan[…]

Ernie's Bait Barn

Lots of fish activity, caught 3 trout and a flound[…]