TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please Visit our Sponsor Hook1 Kayak Fishing Gear
By Bradleto
My new 2017 Jackson Big Rig. It comes as close to ready to fish as about any kayak I have seen: 3 vertical rod holders, 2 horizontal rod holders with tip protectors, a stand-up bar, several 1/4" 20 inserts for add ons, high/low seat, backpack, built in vertical tray areas for Plano boxes on each side of the seat, front and rear hatches are large, routing for anchor line, rudder lines, dedicated hole to drop a chain anchor, mount-ready for a Micro PowerPole or motor. The list goes on. Brad

[url][URL=http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/johnbradleyreid/media/IMG_1328_zpsiecdgdnu.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]
By mike.hamlett
Hey everyone.
I'm Mike.
2017 Diablo paddlesports Amigo.
Picked it up a couple of days ago.
This is my newest. Few things on the way still. Marine mat, yakattack paddle roller holders another fly rod holder, tail drag skid, maybe an anchor system down the road but not sure on that yet.
This thing is crazy stable and runs super skinny water even with my 250 and a full yeti 20. Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By cowtown_cobra
OzFnD wrote:G Day,

Thought I would post a link how you can have your cake and eat it too when it comes to pimping out a Cobra Fish n Dive.

I wanted a tank that would do everything including

BTB Fishing
Sailing
Spearfishing or Scuba
Taking the kids
Camping

Attached is a link showing my Fnd with all the gear on it at once,

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg5 ... /Kayak.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg5 ... G_0573.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a fish kill n chill bag
Multiple railblaza mounts for different attachments
Minn Kota 30# electric motor
100 Amp Battery
Garmin 300c Fishfinder
C Tug Kayak Trolley
Island Hopper Motor Mount
Windpaddle Sail
Various packs and fishing container storage compartments
Went the extra small round hatch near my seat, plus the big square main hatch
I fitted extra saddle tiedown loops along the the kayak

Please note I dont use all that gear at once as seen in the first picture. Also note in first photo is twin speargun mounts like a gun rack on a quad bike for spear fishing.

When I am BTB fishing, I keep my yak pretty bare and simple plus have everything secured and on leashes.

I am in the process of fitting an anchor trolley, I bought the hobbie kit version.

cheers

OzFnD :)
Sweet ride, love the fnd even though mine is showing a lot of age, setups like this make me think about getting a new one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
By raybyrd81
2016 Jackson Kilroy
Love this Kayak
I was kind of torn between this and the Jackson Coosa , ended up going with the Kilroy and haven't been regretful yet. Eventually I would like to get a pedal drive to cover more ground faster, but for the type of trips i do this works perfect for me. Very stable, stand up and sit down easily, very comfortable standing ad fishing, has a stand assist strap that works well, most comfortable seat out there, came with a Thermarest lumber support for the long days on the water. Very strong, well designed, fast, turns on a dime, tracks awesome, and you stay dry out there. Lots of storage space and mounting tracks for all my gear.
Not many mods as of yet, basically just a milk crate, with rod holders, & side bag, cooler that fits inside my crate, 2 track mounted ram rod holders, paddle leash, Humminbird Pirahnamax 160 fish finder, Yak-attack switchblade in water transducer mount, go pro mounts, and i think thats it. I have an anchor but i need to install a anchor trolley or anchor wizard, havent decided on which option yet. Also looking to put a 360 safety light and flag soon, and possible some perimeter lighting for night fishing (for use when anchored only)

Lets here some comments, ideas, thoughts, etc....
Attachments
IMG-0060.JPG
IMG-5378.JPG
IMG-5622.JPG
IMG-5538.JPG
Camping light house lakes

On the off chance that has camping hardware put aw[…]

Jackson Big Tuna for sale - $900

Price drop $900

Drop to $700

anyone got one of these? Or used to have one? J[…]