The kit didn't come with cables or a rudder bracket. I ordered a wilderness bracket for the old Tarpon from ACK. The rudder pin was a shade too big for it but a little work with the round file took care of that.
What these toe control pedals lack versus the name brand is some type of cable tension fine adjustment. I decided to work with what I had on hand and used weed whacker line for my cables. I had previously sourced poly tubing from Ace hardware and installed them while waiting the 2 weeks for the rudder kit to come from China. None of the mounting holes lined up nor did I expect them to but it was easy enough to fill the old holes and drill new ones. I installed with rivets in the middle and front hole and a stainless wood screw in the far forward hole where I could not run a drill.
Zero instructions with the kit. I trashed the cruddy rope they sent for a retraction line and instead opted for high-VI's paracord. I will probably go back and add a deck loop as a line guide. All in all, I'm pleased with it at least in the garage. First paddle should be Sunday so I will update if there are issues.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk