Packery Channel Kayak

texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Packery Channel Kayak

Post by texnomad »

In case the person who was using the electric powered kayak Monday morning at Packery Channel is part of the TKF family. That is a very nice looking and performing rig. Those big boat wakes did not seem to bother you at all. The only thing I noticed that you might need to know is that your Texas Registration numbers were not visible to me on the bank. Good job on the rigging.
Last edited by texnomad on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UCkayaker

Re: Packery Channel Kayak

Post by UCkayaker »

Sir I was fishing at Packery Channel this weekend, Not sure if it was me you saw. I think my reg. numbers are ok, but I will check. Again, not sure if it was me but I do have an electric Kayak (Hobie PA 14) Bass Yak set up and I love it. I have had all kinds of kayaks (Native Ultimate, Tarpon 16, Ocean Kayak, Hobie Outback (Wife's). I love the Hobie PA 14 electric. I fish often at Shamrock and cover over 9 miles in winds over 20 mph and average over 4mph with little effort only concentrating on fishing not peddling not using a paddle. Please note, at Packery this weekend the winds were easy over 15 mph, but the current under the bridge was extremely strong. One jet skier (he eventually had engine trouble) had trouble going against the current and I also had a little trouble but managed. I can't imagine paddling against that current (It was very strong). Love to be part of the Texas Kayakfisherman community even though I don't post often. Thanks TKF
Attachments
2017 Mar 25 Shamrock-3250178.jpg
2015 August 29 Shamrock-8290236.jpg
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

Oh My I like your rig also. It was a tan Heritage I saw this morning not your neat rig.
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

Nice set up
Question, what's the basketball used for?

Let's go fishin...Coco!
Z~man
akwidrush

Post by akwidrush »

X2 on that basketball question.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
UCkayaker

Post by UCkayaker »

I had to come up with extra support for the Vantage seat cord. I busted one already and they are expensive. So the basketball will help the Vantage support my weight (I weight 210 lbs) hoping I don't have to replace another cord. The bb. contours the seat nicely and takes the pressure off the cord/string. If you guys have another idea, please let me know. I has worked so far.