new to saltwater

jsharp

new to saltwater

Post by jsharp »

im not new to fishing just saltwater fishing would like to know the basics to get started in saltwater fishing was thinking of going to crpus next weekend and trying it out for the very fisrt time any suggestions or comments for this thanks alot have a mainstream kingfish kayak waht kinda bait to use rods to use etc thanks alot
Hookem
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Hookem »

As far as rods and reels, If you have a Med light, or Med. rod you will be fine, in fact you can make do with just about any weight rod.I use freshwater reels, like the Daiwa Advantage super tuned, and the pfluger president. and as long as you keep them clean you are good to go.

If you are going to be throwing arties for your first time in the salt, you cant go wrong with gulp, everything eats gulp EVERYTHING!!! a assortment of swimming soft plastics will do you well to!! red and white is alwayz a good color.

I dont know anything about corpus sorry :D
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

i have only been to CC twice & the 2nd trip only lasted a few hrs.

Hook'em has it right with rods & reels. as far as lures ........ weedless gold spoons on the flats or even topwaters ...... bone spook jrs. or pink skitterwalk will work for trout & reds. plastics there are to many color choices but 3 you cant leave home with out (IMO) would be ...... white or pearl with chart tail, amber or pumkin seed, & morning glory blk/chart. if those dont work throw GULP :roll:

there are several spots you can hit that should be pretty good

pita island area
shamrock island/cove
the packery channel area
bird island area

hope this helps 8)
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

Contact topdog15 on this forum or you can go to the Corpusfishing.com forum and those guys can tell you where to go and what to use. I have lived in CC for along time but during March and April the winds can really pick up so you might need to find some protected marshes.

Chris
SWPS
chris@paddlesports.com
281-292-5600