Corrosion X and kayak cleaning.

JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Corrosion X and kayak cleaning.

Post by JimD »

Corrosion X - Don't leave home without it. ;) Another old Capt Jack hint.

I put this on ever zipper, df plug ins, and anything else that can rust or corrode. I bought a quart bottle and put it in the small oil bottles that come with some of the reels. It works on just about anything. I had one on Curado that I had fished with in saltwater and it was sick. C-X got it back running before I ever learned how to take a reel apart. There are better oils because of film thinckness but it healed the old reel and I still use it on mine from time to time.

Speaking of reels I sent my first two old Currados back to Shimano and they charged me 65$ for two replacement reels that included shipping and they were still working in decent shape but 4 or 5 years of the bay and..that seemed better than what it would cost to get them repaired.

Jack also recomended Limeaway to clean zippers that foul. Cleaned then drip of C-X will keep them in good shape.

Jack also used vinegar and water to clean the inside of his kayak. One of the hose attached bug sprayer tends to work for me from time to time using the vinager to spray the inside and out side.

Shame we can not get CaptJack to post like he used to. He has more knowledge than any anyone on the board. He shared many great ideas with the old board on kayaking, diving, vhf radio, sailboating, photography, and about anything else you might have a question on.

Can you tell I found an old notebook with some Jack printouts and some side notes he gave me when I was just starting. :lol: :lol: