Info.

Hornetplayer62

Info.

Post by Hornetplayer62 »

I've had my eyes set on Kayak fishing for a few years and already have my mind set on a Kayak and plan on having it next income tax season. I would of bought it this year but my mind got carried away on a gun and come spawn season I was like well crap... but anyway my eyes are set on a Moken 12.5. I think I'm gonna go with the package deal with Austin Kayak Company at $1200 which includes the kayak ($900) a PFD and a paddle. But is there any place I can get cheaper, how does people rate the Moken 12.5, any kayak similar I should look at?
Rsparrow

Re: Info.

Post by Rsparrow »

If I may.... I would suggest you contact ACK and find out when their next demo is. It may not be for awhile but you don't sound like you are in a hurry. I suggest this because, before I went to the Demo in San Marcos I had my mind set on the Feelfree Lure 13.5. I got a chance to try it along with 5 others that were in the same class and price..... the Lure while very roomy and stable, was for me, like paddling a brick. It was dispatched from the list. I found several I liked much better after getting to try them and ended up with a Yak that wasn't on my list before attending the demo. You will get a chance to try a bunch of different boats at your leisure and garner a good deal of information from the mfg reps and the ACK folks. Oh, yes, it's a hellva lot of fun too.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Don't buy new. Keep an eye on the classifieds here. You can get some great deals. Save a ton of scratch and you might even get a sonar unit thrown in along with paddle and pfd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crusher

Post by crusher »

Don't buy new. Keep an eye on the classifieds here. You can get some great deals. Save a ton of scratch and you might even get a sonar unit thrown in along with paddle
Cuervo went right to the guts.
Unless you've paddled a particular kayak enough, there's a chance you may not love it. For the cost of a new kayak, you better like it a whole lot. Prices for the used ones seem pretty reasonable these days. From my experience, the used ones work fine, gave me experience with a couple models, save money, and neither the fish nor the other fisherman care what I'm in.
Course, if you are in no hurry, try before you buy as sparrow says. That's definitely best.
Hornetplayer62

Post by Hornetplayer62 »

Id love to go to a demo but I live in the dead middle of the TX Panhandle and I don't think they come up here.