TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and saltwater fishing in general.

I live in the Baytown area and so far I've tried McCollum Park (no luck- twice) and Anahuac NWF (caught a baby red).

I was hoping someone might take pity on a newbie and show me the ropes. Most of my fishing experience has been freshwater so far. I'm open to anywhere within 2 hours or so from me.

Another question while I have your ear: where do the big reds hang out this time of the year?
I'm in the same boat as the OP here. I'm in the Clear Lake area.

Been out a bit but not with any solid results. Also, I don't know many other kayakers.

OP- on the 8th there is a kayak fishing get together. It was supposed to be last weekend but got rescheduled due to weather.

here is the info on the event and the reschedule.

https://www.facebook.com/TexasRedfishHu ... 33821977:0
https://www.facebook.com/TexasRedfishHu ... 66292627:0
You both might want to look in to PACK or the fairly new Pearland area kayak fishing clubs. You can attend a meeting without joining - just sit, listen to presentations, and meet a couple guys.
Many of us don't gain much skill at finding the fish until a fair amount of failure first. Keep notes - wind, tides, solunar, where you went etc. One day you'll do good - see what was different than before, rinse and repeat.
So y'all want to catch some RED FISH huh? Well you're in luck. We catch the hell out of them this time of the year and then it gets insane before fall. BULL REDS are off the beach year round just cruise over to the BTB board and watch for someone posting up a trip....usually High Island or Crystal Beach. I hope you like them BIG cause that's all we catch. See ya on the beach.
LOOKN4REDS wrote:So y'all want to catch some RED FISH huh? Well you're in luck. We catch the hell out of them this time of the year and then it gets insane before fall. BULL REDS are off the beach year round just cruise over to the BTB board and watch for someone posting up a trip....usually High Island or Crystal Beach. I hope you like them BIG cause that's all we catch. See ya on the beach.

I don't know if I'm ready to go BTB in my yak just yet. I'm in a Perception Pescador 12.
Reel Cleaning - Tackle Hut

WOW... those guys have been around for a very lon[…]

Extreme low tide

I remember a fishing guide telling me that when th[…]

Jackson Big Tuna in Abilene FS

Text pics to 210-262-0727 Sent from my iPhone us[…]

Since then my fishing is mostly about scouting ne[…]