Need decoder ring? :(

05madmax

Need decoder ring? :(

Post by 05madmax »

Guys I'm very new to fishing and to be honest as I read the posts I am not certain I know what all the areas means i.e. fishing the lights in Galveston.

As of right now I have had horrible luck at lake Conroe so thinking to try my luck at least from shore in Galveston. Any tips or areas to explore?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
fpatino

Re: Need decoder ring? :(

Post by fpatino »

Google maps to Galveston Bait and Tackle. launch to the left of the trail that goes through the underpass. lights shine at night and trout love structure and lights.
05madmax

Post by 05madmax »

Nice thanks yea I kept seeing the lights being fished and totally lost lol

mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

When someone says they are fishing the lights its a very general term. There are not specific lights that everyone is referring to. They can be lights under the causeway (big bridge going to the island) or they can be underwater lights at someone's dock or flood lights at a pier. There are so many different ways to fish the lights. If you are going to do so you should take someone that is familiar with fishing the area at night.
05madmax

Post by 05madmax »

Yea this got me to thinking about how I fish when it gets darker at lakes from shore. Wonder if using some tripod lights would bring any luck or help to attracting the fish

mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

Some people that fish jetties and some shores will use those lights but they are typically not the traditional home depot tripod lights they are 1000 lumen flood lights.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

hook up with a group of guys that go regularly. i should be down there sometime over the next three days
lahai1dj

Post by lahai1dj »

The Galveston canal communities are on fire right now!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

You can say that again! Many folks feel that fishing the lights is like shooting fish in a barrel at times and do not partake. Or they have big boats and can't do what we kayakers do. We are blessed. I will fish lights, birds, reefs, structure, my home fish tank or anything if I need to catch good fish in quantity.
05madmax

Post by 05madmax »

Haha that last piece makes me want to move out to the country and build a pond for days I can't make it to a lake