Gettin back into it

Scmbob

Gettin back into it

Post by Scmbob »

Hello!! Names Bob, i use to fish quite a bit back when i was a kid. Lately i have gotten back into it. Pretty much a noob. Learning as i go. Lookin to get into fishing at the coast, never been fishing at the coast. Lookin for some fishin buddies.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: Gettin back into it

Post by MobyYack »

welcome!

what part of the coast
Scmbob

Post by Scmbob »

MobyYack wrote:welcome!

what part of the coast
dunno yet kinda just researching. whats a good area?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Guessing you have a kayak. What kind of fishing are you looking for? Do you have a sonar with GPS? Have you bought and looked at Hook-N-Line maps for any area you want to go? It has locations marked to fish. Do you have all your gear needed for the fish you want to catch?
Let us know more of what you want to catch and how far you want to go and maybe some help will be given.
I suggest if you are getting back into fishing the coast buy Ray Crawford's book "Wade and Kayak Fishing the Upper Gulf Coast". Great book to guide you where to fish and launch your yak.
Good luck!
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

Scmbob wrote:
MobyYack wrote:welcome!

what part of the coast
dunno yet kinda just researching. whats a good area?
depends on where you are. im in humble so i fish everywhere between here and galveston never north of here (except luce bayou)
Scmbob

Post by Scmbob »

Yes i have a kayak, looking at getting another one a bit wider. I would like to catch some reds and black drum. I have gear. Just need a bit of direction. And i getting back into bass fishing new to coast fishing.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

Scmbob wrote:Yes i have a kayak, looking at getting another one a bit wider. I would like to catch some reds and black drum. I have gear. Just need a bit of direction. And i getting back into bass fishing new to coast fishing.
jamaica beach btb tomorrow morning if youre interested
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 8&t=235708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;