Rigging for redfish

Gorilla

Rigging for redfish

Post by Gorilla »

This is my first post, I'm looking for pics and info on how to properly rig for redfish, and also using a popper cork. I bought some new tackle today but I want it rigged properly. Thanks for the help!
timjb83

Re: Rigging for redfish

Post by timjb83 »

Gorilla wrote:This is my first post, I'm looking for pics and info on how to properly rig for redfish, and also using a popper cork. I bought some new tackle today but I want it rigged properly. Thanks for the help!
Here is a video that explains the popping cork Avenue. Use any soft plastic you'd like. Gulp shrimp work especially well.

https://youtu.be/FXShRkfOX5U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I normally fish with an 1/8 or 1/4oz jig head with a soft plastic.. Work different levels of the water column to see where the fish are. And remember, the colder the water, the slower you should work it. Hope it helps and tight lines
crusher

Post by crusher »

I'm looking for pics and info on how to properly rig for redfish, and also using a popper cork.
Huge subject right there. Regardless of which cork you bought, the video timjb linked to shows the cork setup nicely. But outside of the popping cork, rigging for redfish might include topwaters, jigheads with plastic, Buggs, shallow crankbaits, spinning rigs with a tail, not to mention live bait. Try doing some searches using the search function on here. Use the plus (+) sign to for words that must be in the post when searching here.
Gorilla

Post by Gorilla »

Thanks for the responses! I've got a ton to learn but I'm looking forward to getting back out there!