So, I bought this pair of waders........

spoon

So, I bought this pair of waders........

Post by spoon »

About 6 months ago I bought a new pair of cabela dry plus waders from a TKFer on line.. never used.... used them a few times in the river, and then once in saltwater in april.. .. washed them lightly as I saw in the video and hung them in my garage.. I was told not to fold them... Well,,,,,, yesterday for the first time since april I put them on and went to the surf... and there has to be like 4+ leaks in them!!!!! :oops:

So.... why? how???? I know it was like 100 degrees in my garage over the summer... but does heat really crack/put holes in your waders???? I don't have any pets and they were hung up high so it wasn't a pet... and i know my wife hates fishing but I doubt she would go that far lol...

any ideas? any advice? Can you repair waders or that is just a waste of time? And.. how do you find the darn leaks???
stryper

Re: So, I bought this pair of waders........

Post by stryper »

I guess you could hang them up fill with water and mark leaks and aquaseal them
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

Fill them up like stated above.

Cabelas:
Repair kit components: Fabric patch and T2000 sealing tape.
spoon

Post by spoon »

ok ty.. will try to repair them.. but ... will leaving them hanging in a hot garage over the summer cause them to crack; have leaks? trying to figure out wut I did wrong
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

xotlotl wrote:ok ty.. will try to repair them.. but ... will leaving them hanging in a hot garage over the summer cause them to crack; have leaks? trying to figure out wut I did wrong
I have 2 pair in my garage. No issues so far. It could be possible those are really old?
Mine are about 8 years old or more. Good luck on fixing them.