Daiwa Tatula Baitcasting Reel

superbovine

Daiwa Tatula Baitcasting Reel

Post by superbovine »

Comments, thoughts, feedback on a Daiwa Tatula Baitcasting Reel?
Jedi
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Daiwa Tatula Baitcasting Reel

Post by Jedi »

I have 2 Tatula Type R bait casters 6:3. Absolutely love them. I purchased 1and loved it so much I purchased the second a month later. The T wing is awesome. They get rinsed off with fresh water then pull the spools off and oil them after every trip. No problems and they cast like a dream. Have landed oversized reds with ease. I would highly recommend them.
RoosterTX

Post by RoosterTX »

Jedi wrote:I have 2 Tatula Type R bait casters 6:3. Absolutely love them. I purchased 1and loved it so much I purchased the second a month later. The T wing is awesome. They get rinsed off with fresh water then pull the spools off and oil them after every trip. No problems and they cast like a dream. Have landed oversized reds with ease. I would highly recommend them.
What he said. I have one and buying a second. My new Kistler rod came in the mail,today, and I'm buying a 12' PA tomorrow, so I. Iggy grab a second Tatula Type R to put on the Kistler. I dished the Type R and my Curado I side by side and I think the Type R out-performs the Curado.
superbovine

Post by superbovine »

Thanks for the feedback guys!
superbovine

Post by superbovine »

I got mine from amazon today. I will give it a spin this week.
superbovine

Post by superbovine »

Well, I gave it a spin tonight, and it was pretty good. I could get away with a lot more stuff without a rat's nest compared my old bait caster (now busted). However, my caster was an 10+ year old quantum for about the same price point was as this one. So, I imagine about any reel would be better. I do like the adjustments, a lot finer adjustments and I can cast pretty far. I used to think, I was just terrible at using a baitcaster, but maybe I should have upgraded long ago.
superbovine

Post by superbovine »