New to fishing...sort of....

J-Dubs

New to fishing...sort of....

Post by J-Dubs »

Greetings fellow Texas kayak anglers. I just though I would introduce myself. I have been lurking on this forum for a while, but have never posted. I have been kayak fishing in Corpus Christi for the past few months and loving it.

I currently fish from a native slayer 12 but am looking to upgrade to something a little more big water oriented.

Prior to this boat, I had a good amount if experience canoeing as a kid and did a little fishing, but nothing regularly.

I'm a KC-130 pilot in the USMC by trade, currently serving as a flight instructor at NAS Corpus Christi.

If anyone in Corpus Christi want to paddle out, let me know.
crusher

Re: New to fishing...sort of....

Post by crusher »

Welcome to joining the discussions.
Good luck getting some paddling and fishing friends - I'm up north hear Houston.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Best advice I can give you is follow TKF for folks looking to fish Corpus, or be pro active and post in the Saltwater forum for fishing a particular day.
You can go by yourself but can be frustrating. Another suggestion is to contact Slow Ride's kayaking in Aransas Pass and inquire about the kayaking school. Sure does increase the speed of the learning curve.
You will see a link under the Saltwater Forum they sponsor.

On another note, thanks for what you do for us. My father was an officer in the Marines infantry until he retired. Served in Korea, and Viet Nam.
I did not serve but I do volunteer to help with the HOW program.
Tom
Djrodeo

Post by Djrodeo »

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service. I wish I was in CC to fish! I love that area.
J-Dubs

Post by J-Dubs »

Tombo wrote: On another note, thanks for what you do for us. My father was an officer in the Marines infantry until he retired. Served in Korea, and Viet Nam.
I did not serve but I do volunteer to help with the HOW program.
Tom
Tell your father Semper Fidelis and thank you from me.

And thanks for your service to HOW. It seems like a great program. I'm going to try to make it to the next event here in Corpus.
J-Dubs

Post by J-Dubs »

Djrodeo wrote:Howdy and welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service. I wish I was in CC to fish! I love that area.
It is a good area to fish. It would be a great place to fish if it wasn't so damn windy all the time. Oh well...it builds character and strength right.