Secondary Rod

Beefyg

Secondary Rod

Post by Beefyg »

I've relatively recently taken a serious interest in fishing and I'm still figuring out what I like. Up until recently I only soaked bait from a pier with an Abu Garcia 6000 and an Ugly Stick.

Recently I picked up two H2O Xpress Ethos Nano Inshore rods. One is a 6'9" ML M that I use with a Shimano Curado. So far all I've used it with are soft plastics but I love it! The other rod is a 6'6" M MF and it still has the tags on it. My original plan was to use it for heavier lures like a full size super spook or with a popping cork but I'm wondering if a different length might be better. I would use another Curado on this rod as well.

The other rods available are 7' M M and a 7' MH F. I'm leaning towards the 7' MH F but I would like some more experienced opinions on what would round out my setup better. Thanks in advance.
EPerez

Re: Secondary Rod

Post by EPerez »

I usually use a 10ft cane pole... You could probably trade one of those in for about 10 of them.

Or be a real man and get a 9' 8wt TFO BVK..

Oh and stop taking selfies with your rod in the picture!
Snookfish

Post by Snookfish »

Those should work fine. Rods and length are a personal preference anyway. Personally I prefer a 7-71/2 ft rod but that's just me. I try to match the reel and action of the rod to what weight of lures I use with it. My MH rods go with heavy lures and line while my M action rods go with 20-30 pound braid and 1/4 oz or less lure weight. Hope that helps.
Beefyg

Post by Beefyg »

Thanks Snookfish. You helped me make up my mind. No thanks to Epe. :P