Braunig lake help???

weapon11

Braunig lake help???

Post by weapon11 »

Second time out and nothing. I got yeh Mon going, rattles traps, crank baits, whatever else I had nothing I refuse to use live/cut bait but after this I might. Any tips with this being the closes water to me I plan on fishing there a lot.
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Braunig lake help???

Post by CoastieCulture »

I've been a few times with no luck! I want to go back and use live or dead shrimp because I know it will work. But I'm sticking to plastics and will just keep fishing . It's a lot harder to connect with the fish in this cold weather but just jeep going and u will hook up. They are not as aggressive ans tend to look for a slower presentation .
Good Luck
MarkJustMark

Post by MarkJustMark »

Live bait is how I caught fish at Braunig. Nothing else worked.
Poolio

Post by Poolio »

Rattle traps trolled near the center wall work well for me on that lake. Also, you can head to the pipe near the corner at the end of the dam. Should be good there now with rattle traps and live bait. For bait soakin' I go to the inlet, tie to the bouy cable and use liver on bottom. Try a cast net, if shad are there, cats and hybrid'll be there.
Yakono

Post by Yakono »

Catch live tilapia with a cast net and fish them freeline and you will catch reds for sure. Calaveras IMO is better.
IndyKid

Post by IndyKid »

cut shad and tilapia is all I use on Calaveras. Give it a shot
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Are you after the reds there, or just after anything?

Bass are quite a bit like trout and reds. Predator fish want to locate themselves where they can ambush bait, and where there is an abundance of bait.

I haven't been to braunig, but I've been to plenty of powerplant lakes. They fish should either be spawning or in post spawn. They are probably guarding brood stock (guarding their babies) many times they won't eat much under these conditions. Especially if you have a high pressure system.

Increase your odds by fishing structure, weed edges, rocks, drop offs, cattails, Increase your odds by fishing shallow flats next to deep water, even better if the wind driven current pushes into it. Use baits that will get a reaction strike ... drop shots, and suspending lures are great for this or just use a jig tight to heavy cover... it pretty much has to fall on their nose right now.

have fun.