Where can I take my kids fishing ??? Houston area

David G.

Where can I take my kids fishing ??? Houston area

Post by David G. »

Hi guys I want to take the kids fishing after church today but I'm not sure where to go.
My girls are 3 & 5years old so I need a spot we can either peir or a bank fish. I live near
DT Houston so anywhere within fifty miles fresh or saltwater. Thanks
Sailnjunky

Re: Where can I take my kids fishing ??? Houston area

Post by Sailnjunky »

Go onto TPWD's website and look for the winter pond stocking. Over the next few weeks all of the city and county parks with ponds will be stocked with rainbow trout. Super easy to catch. Just rig their line with a split shot about 1 foot up and use a #12 or #14 hook and Berkeley trout nibbles or canned corn.

Most of the ponds are at parks with playgrounds so I usually monitor the poles and the kids play. Then I call them over to reel in their fish when they've caught one.
Sailnjunky

Post by Sailnjunky »

Sorry, didn't see that you wanted to go today. It will be a bit of a drive for you but Mary Jo Peckham Park is kept stocked with catfish. Today would be a great day to go!
David G.

Post by David G. »

Thanks Sailnjunky ill check that site out.
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CoastieCulture »

Hey next time you want to go fishing with the kiddos pm me. Know some good spots .
JaimeInTexas

Post by JaimeInTexas »

Seabrook.

Hwy 45 south to Nasa Rd. 1 east. At the Hwy 146 intersection, go straight, it turns into 2nd street. Fish the north lagoon with incoming tide, the south lagoon with outgoing. Great place to take kids, have a picnic. If your wife do not like fishing, she will enjoy the area.

Off Todville Rd., in the lagoon side, the kids can even get in the water. Wear tennis shoes, though, and stay away of the channel during peak tidal movement, especially during the outgoing tide.

If you do not catch anything, you can always go to the seafood shops. You can buy the bait there too.

Clear Lake park, is also another place. Just past NASA-JSC (going east). The park is on the north side of Nasa Rd. 1 but you can also fish on the piers, on the south side ramps.
cliftonio

Post by cliftonio »