Rigging a shrimp lure

Bigt3810

Rigging a shrimp lure

Post by Bigt3810 »

Purchased my first yak this week and need to increase my (very low) fishing IQ. I picked up some shrimp lures (Chicken Boy -Chicken on a Chain) to try out this weekend. When fishing for trout and reds, is it best to work them under a popping cork like I would live shrimp or on a weighted hook to work like other plastics? Thanks for the help!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Rigging a shrimp lure

Post by TroutSupport.com »

you can do both.

A popping cork or oval click cork is a great redfish attractor. Fish it over 1-2 ' with shell or grass bottom.

I like cigar click corks myself for trout... like a mansfeild mauler.

Weighted hook works great as well. 1/8th oz. in 3-4 ft of water 1//16th oz in 2' depth.

It's not really what you fish that catches fish, but your ability to weed out fishless water as fast as possible. You have to use your eyes and it could mean that a move of a hundred yards or less could get you on fish if you know what to look for. That's what's in the TroutSupport DVDs, we put down our rods and lures and took the cam out to shoot what to look for. Feel free to PM me with any questions any time.
SmithFamilyTackle

Post by SmithFamilyTackle »

Check out Pirate Jim's fishing tips on the forms
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CoastieCulture »

I always caught reds on live and dead shrimp . I can't wait till I get one on plastic . Good luck to you !!

Coastie