New here, near Fork

JP135

New here, near Fork

Post by JP135 »

Ok, so I'm not new to fishing and I'm not new to kayaks (still pretty much a beginner, 7-10 years since my last one, always had sit inside 'yaks before) but new to kayak-fishing.

I've been lurking for a couple of months and learning about the different angler kayaks and reading everyrthing I can - LOTS of info on this site. My only activity here so far has been to post my flatbottom fanboat in the classifieds. Sold it last week on craigslist and freed up the $$$ to buy a used 'yak.

Over the weekend I bought on a like-new Ride135 with some nice extras from a real nice guy in Burleson, TX. Had about an hour to put it on the stock tank yesterday evening. Wow, what a great boat. Loving the phase 3 seat, the stability. I'd post a picture, but the only one I have is from previous owner's craigslist ad, and if you've seen one camo Ride135... well, you know.

Anyway, just sayin' hey. I'm in Emory, TX right between Tawakoni and Fork. Hope to meet some of the TKF folks on the water.
Uncle Vinny

Re: New here, near Fork

Post by Uncle Vinny »

Howdy !

You've got me beat. Haven't fished since before my dad passed back in '96 and then that was fresh water, and up until a couple of weeks ago had never been in a kayak. (and have two now!) :)
Zipper

Post by Zipper »

Good to see your back fishing I'm new to this I have fished for years but never in a yak I'm working on getting one but I'm near fork as we'll maybe we can hook up some and do some fishing
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Welcome aboard!... that's quite a fishery you live close to. How's it been doing? still cranking out 10lbers?
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

Welcome aboard! Given your location, you should have lots of drop-ins, especially in early spring. Hope to get to meet and fish with you.
jaredtexasrebel

Post by jaredtexasrebel »

Yes welcome! I have just started kayak fishing and it is a great way to fish. It opens up a whole new world on the water. I have a trip planned to Fork in March hopefully I can dodge some powerboats.
bloozeharp

Post by bloozeharp »

Hey JP. I sold my 19' G-3, center console several years ago and been paddling ever since. No regrets-just a lot of fun. Whether its catfishing, bass fishing, trotlining or on the coast- it's all good!!! Maybe we can get together some time. 8)