Dickinson Bay next week?

Uncle Vinny

Dickinson Bay next week?

Post by Uncle Vinny »

Hey all,

Haven't taken out the new Pescador yet but have some extra time off later next week and was wondering if anyone would be interested.

I'll be off from Wednesday (Oct. 2nd) to Saturday (Oct. 5th) and if weather permits would like to give it a shot.

Still very new to all this so I hope you don't mind a newb.

Just did my first rigging of the yak by installing the YakGear Delux anchor track system from Academy. Was very apprehensive at first about putting holes in the boat, but decided what the hell. If you're not familiar with this system, you actually mount the pulleys directly to the boat.

Also bought a very cheap Shakespear Pier/Surf combo. Have a feeling I'll be spending more later on better. :)

Anyway, if anyone is off let me know.
Uncle Vinny.
Last edited by Uncle Vinny on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkunkKing

Re: Dickinson Bay next week?

Post by SkunkKing »

If you would have said Oct 7-10 I'd be all over it. I'd like to tryout that location. Good luck!
Uncle Vinny

Post by Uncle Vinny »

SkunkKing wrote:If you would have said Oct 7-10 I'd be all over it. I'd like to tryout that location. Good luck!
SK,

I'll be off on the 8th-10th (new schedule) if you'd like to give it a shot. :)

Uncle Vinny.
SkunkKing

Post by SkunkKing »

Sounds like a plan! I will keep you updated! Go ahead and get out there and find us some honey holes! :mrgreen:
Uncle Vinny

Post by Uncle Vinny »

SkunkKing wrote:Sounds like a plan! I will keep you updated! Go ahead and get out there and find us some honey holes! :mrgreen:
Will try my best! :)
Uncle Vinny

Post by Uncle Vinny »

Didn't get to go out last week, but I have the next three days off (Oct 8th, 9th and 10th) if anyone is interested?
ranben2762

Post by ranben2762 »

Uncle Vinny,

I need to knock some more of the new off of my Pescador 12 as well!

If you don't have any takers for Dickinson Bay...I'm gonna put in at Clear Lake Park about 8am Wednesday and fish up in Mud Lake. I don't know what the heck I'm doing but you're welcome to join me! Anybody else for that matter.

Randy
Uncle Vinny

Post by Uncle Vinny »

ranben2762 wrote:Uncle Vinny,

I need to knock some more of the new off of my Pescador 12 as well!

If you don't have any takers for Dickinson Bay...I'm gonna put in at Clear Lake Park about 8am Wednesday and fish up in Mud Lake. I don't know what the heck I'm doing but you're welcome to join me! Anybody else for that matter.

Randy
Randy,

I'll see you at 8:00!

I'll be the dark gray Chevy 4x4 with the red boat sticking out the back.
SkunkKing

Post by SkunkKing »

If the wife didn't already have plans for us I'd be as easy as you Uncle Vinny! But think I'm going to go BTB Thursday so spending time with the wife Wednesday is not questionable! :mrgreen:
Uncle Vinny

Post by Uncle Vinny »

SkunkKing wrote:If the wife didn't already have plans for us I'd be as easy as you Uncle Vinny! But think I'm going to go BTB Thursday so spending time with the wife Wednesday is not questionable! :mrgreen:
Ahhh ... the blessing of bachelorhood. ;)

Completely understandable SK. Don't think I'm ready for BTB yet so best of luck to you and will be waiting anxiously to see any pics. :)
ranben2762

Post by ranben2762 »

Uncle Vinny,

I got most of my "honey do's" done today and earned a kitchen pass (haha). I'll be in the Gray F-150 with the same red pescador as you. Looking forward to it.

Randy

Open invite for any other takers...Maybe even a seasoned yaker to help a few newbs!!!