Which is my perfect kayak.

ryderredfish

Which is my perfect kayak.

Post by ryderredfish »

I have just begun my entry into the paddle zone . I have fished twice out of a kayak in the Blanco River and enjoyed the experience thouroghly. So much so, I want to take that to the coast. I am a fairly new addition to the Texas coast fishing family(3years),I am from the florida coast. I am 5ft 10in tall about 220lbs and in fairly good shape. Don't get me in a marathon though. I am trying to find some suggestions on a stable,(I like to stand and cast/fight) well apportioned ride,that paddles well. Also is there any place that will let you "test drive" various models to find the right one.
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Post by Electric Water Boy »

Just tell the TKFSA bunch to come trout fish the Blanco again and we'll come to you. We've done it twice this season. I don't think a third would be beyond the question as long as they'll let us back in the Sunset Grill.
DerekM

A good place to test drive and buy.......

Post by DerekM »

is TG kayak & Canoe just outside of San Marcos. Google them, they have a website and they are open every day except Tuesday. They have a big selection and are very knowledgeable. The river is 1000 ft from the store and they will let you test paddle thier boats. -Derek
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Here's the link.

http://tgcanoe.com/
let's go
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Which is my perfect kayak.

Post by let's go »

ryderredfish wrote:I am trying to find some suggestions on a stable,(I like to stand and cast/fight) well apportioned ride,that paddles well.

Sounds like you're describing the new Ride. :wink: TG Canoe carries the Ride and should be able to put you out on the river for a test paddle. Being in Blanco you've also got Austin Outdoor Gear and Guidance, Austin Canoe & Kayak (stores in Austin & San Marcos), and Hillcountry Outfitters in Fredricksburg.

Good luck in your search.
ryderredfish

Post by ryderredfish »

Thank you all,I have been quite suprised by how great this site is. Everybody responds with great info. and I am on my way. I am making plans to shortly visit the yak stores close to me were I can start my test rides. Any body want to tell what I should look at, as far as some of the things I should avoid.
let's go
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by let's go »

Quality construction with stainless hardware and through-bolted accessories. On the higher priced kayaks the things that have stresses applied to them such as carry handles, pad eyes, etc will be secured in this manner. Bargain priced kayaks will often have these items attached with rivets.
Tro-Trout

ride

Post by Tro-Trout »

I think you should go with the ride you will be able to stand up in it.I was looking at the ride but ended up with the marquesa becaues i don;t plan to try to stand pu that often.