OK Drifter at Bass Pro

big_wes

OK Drifter at Bass Pro

Post by big_wes »

Bass Pro now has the Ocean Kayak Drifter Angler Edition for $599. The OK website has it retailing for $669, so this is a pretty good deal on a great first kayak. I have paddled a couple of Drifters (rentals) and found them to be very stable. I tip the scales at about 240 lbs and had no problems at all. With a weight capacity of 500 lbs, it would make a great yak for us big guys. I plan to get one after my bank account recovers from Christmas. They also still have the Scrambler XT Angler for $499 for you smaller guys.

P.S. : I am in no way affiliated with Bass Pro or Ocean Kayak. I was just checking out their site and thought I would help out some fellow newbies by relaying this info.
Backwater Drifter
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Backwater Drifter »

I have an OK Drifter and I think it is a great boat. I paddled allot of different yaks but felt as if the Drifter was the right one for me and still do.

Thanks for the info on a great deal.

big_wes

Post by big_wes »

Cool pics. I really like how you rigged your crate with the three PVC holders in the back. I've always liked the lime-colored yaks. BTW, have you used it much in the surf? I was just wondering how it performed out there.

Thanks,

Wes
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

They performs outstandingly in the surf. Often times a wet ride, but they are good all purpose yaks.
big_wes

Post by big_wes »

Thanks Mythman. You're a gentleman and a scholar. Or just a gentleman. Or just a scholar. :lol: Just kidding.

Thanks again,

Wes
Backwater Drifter
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Backwater Drifter »

Mythman is right they are little on the wet side even though I do not have a problem with it. I usually always use the plugs (foam golf balls) with the plugs in this boat is very dry. However you don’t want to have them in while going threw the surf. But if you use the yak with out the plugs in you will find it drains pretty fast while underway. Also the seat is elevated and I have never had water puddle on the seat as to where I was sitting in it all day. The foot wells are usually where the water collects with the plugs out. It’s been a great yak I have used it in all type of conditions and it’s great. As far as the color goes I like it and it shows up really good on some of the photos I take. I was a little concern with the color since I was going to use it for Duck Hunting but Lady Backwater made me a custom fitting camo cover for it and with its low profile and camo the ducks don’t seem to mind it at all.

Tight Lines,
Joe
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

Man, I wish the Manta Ray's came in that kiwi color. That is one prettty color.
Red Hunter

Post by Red Hunter »

Nice looking rig Backwater. The way I see it Kayaking is a water sport. Getting wet is part of the sport.