new to WINTER kayak fishing - what tactics need to change

mcgeed1

new to WINTER kayak fishing - what tactics need to change

Post by mcgeed1 »

Got waders and am ready to keep on fishing, i usually fish Morris Cummings, Intercoastal, flats on both side of Crab Man, Copono, Port Bay (RockP and AP area) during warmer months. But now the passion runs deep, fished around a bunch of duck hunters last sunday. They were very responsible hunters, i am a legal responsible fisher.....we all did just fine. What tactics need to change now that the first real cold weather has come thru. I figure tide, solunar tables are still important as are weather and water clarity. I keep reading/hearing about fish deeper and slower. Any and all pointers is much appreciated.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

You need to put this post in the Saltwater forum. You'll get a better response. Many of us old saltwater "oldtimers" on here spend most of our time in the Saltwater forum and some don't come into this forum.
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

My advice is to just slow down, literally dragging the lure across the sand, shell or what ever the contour is. I tend to throw the same color of lure, I may go down a size though if I can't get anything to hit.

Chris
SWPS
chris@paddlesports.com
281-292-5600