Narrowed it down.

AddSalt

Narrowed it down.

Post by AddSalt »

I'm 5'11" 185lbs and want to fish.......alot. I have narrowed it down to a Mainstream Kingfish 12', OK Speck 12', WS Ride 13'6". What do ya'll think would be the best Quality that would last me a while, or just be really good to learn/fish from?
lockjaw_tx

narrow it down

Post by lockjaw_tx »

all of your choices are good . but I would have to go with the W.S. Ride.
Had a chance to take it out last weekend. the new ones are so improved, it is like comparing nite and day.
fowlwaters

Post by fowlwaters »

I think I would go with the Ride. I had a Speck and sold it to get a Ride but found a deal on a Tarpon and got it.
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

GO TO

Post by JimD »

Take today and go to the Paddle fest listed on saltwater board then over to FTU and paddle ALL the kayaks they have in the size range you want to paddle just to get some more exposure to all the new kayaks out there and how they feel and handle.

Eiher you will add more kayaks to chose from or you will narrow your list down to what you feel is best for you.
AddSalt

Post by AddSalt »

The Ride I am looking at is the old model on closeout. I have never heard anything about the Mainstream if anyone can help out w/ that.
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

I have played on the kingfish, great stable boat, but a little hard to paddle at first. I have longer arms so it was not that bad for me. If you have short arms then you wind up leaning A Lot. :wink:

http://www.mainstreamkayaks.com/
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

For the choices you mentioned, the new 2007 model "Ride".
AddSalt

Post by AddSalt »

Thanks for all the help, I went up to FTU today and Doug hooked me up w/ a Tarpon 100 at a great deal.
AddSalt

Post by AddSalt »

Thanks for all the help, I went up to FTU today and Doug hooked me up w/ a Tarpon 100 at a great deal.