Page 1 of 1

New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:01 am
by pulsifer1991
New to the forum and new to kayak fishing.
I picked up two Ascend 12ts from a buddy for a really good price. So far only thing I've done to it is put a fish finder on it. Went with a humminbird helix 5.
I will be making a rod holder soon and eventually trying to fabricate some sort of dash/console.
Looking forward to being part of this group!

Mine is the grey one. Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 am
by sanantonioyak
Great to have you on the forum. Where do you live and what kind of fishing do you plan to do?
SANANTONIOYAK

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 am
by Neumie
Welcome to the forum.
sanantonioyak wrote: Where do you live and what kind of fishing do you plan to do?

Ditto.

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am
by pulsifer1991
So I know it's a Texas fishing forum but I am up in Colorado. I mainly joined bc it seemed to be a very active forum.
I mostly fish for bass up here but have a small window so I've taken on walleye fishing in the winter months.
Originally from Florida so this winter struggle is getting to me.

Re: RE: Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 am
by imaoldmanyoungsalt
pulsifer1991 wrote:So I know it's a Texas fishing forum but I am up in Colorado. I mainly joined bc it seemed to be a very active forum.
I mostly fish for bass up here but have a small window so I've taken on walleye fishing in the winter months.
Originally from Florida so this winter struggle is getting to me.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for helping to keep it active!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am
by Sisco Kid
Welcome Aboard

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:07 am
by Ron Mc
Welcome - rip dey lips and take photos for us

We have some really good rigging archives here.

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:14 am
by pulsifer1991
Should I post things I do to it here or start a thread in rigging?

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am
by Ron Mc
add to rigging page - people will know to search there for other folk's ideas

here's one of mine, cam cleat for plastic stringer:
Image

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:27 am
by pulsifer1991
Cool thank you. I'll go make a page now.
Thanks everyone for the support!!

Re: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 pm
by TexasJim
pulsifier: Even though I'm a saltwater kayaker(now) I like bass, and I have bags of walleye one of my winter Texan friends brought down this fall. I just don't do cold. I fished in the Guadalupe River for bass. Clear water(for Texas) and beautiful scenery. Glad to have you on the TKF! Good folks here with tons of knowledge they're willing to share.
TexasJim

Re: RE: New member. New yakker

PostPosted:Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 am
by Seekfishing
pulsifer1991 wrote:New to the forum and new to kayak fishing.
I picked up two Ascend 12ts from a buddy for a really good price. So far only thing I've done to it is put a fish finder on it. Went with a humminbird helix 5.
I will be making a rod holder soon and eventually trying to fabricate some sort of dash/console.
Looking forward to being part of this group!

Mine is the grey one. Image

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Welcome I have an ascend 128t with every mod you can imagine and then some. If you have any questions or need help feel free to contact me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk