Considering Diablo Amigo

dsmigelski

Considering Diablo Amigo

Post by dsmigelski »

Considering Diablo Amigo. Not new to kayaking or camping separately. I am new to kayak camping. :) Like how sturdy the boat is. A few questions:

1) Looking for recommendations on kayaks that will do well with multiple day camping trips. Would the diablo amigo be good for that?

2) I also want something for when I am not fishing to just paddle around town lake.

3) Looking to stay mostly texas rivers/town lake in Austin, or various lake around central Texas. Multi-day river camping will also be in texas (Most Likely).

So a multiple use kayak.

My concerns is if the Diablo amigo in head winds would be too much for longer kayaking trips

Thanks much!

Derek
Cigarsnjeeps

Re: Considering Diablo Amigo

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

I loved my amigo. Any kayak can become an issue when rowing into the wind, but I would Dec recommend the skeg option to help it track straight.

They are very stable and would be able to hold plenty of gear for camping. Its not super heavy, but it was heavy enough for me that it was an issue for loading it on anything high (top of a vehicle). But I'm a weakling

I built a trailer and that worked great, or it could be hauled in the bed of a truck pretty easy.

@cigarsnjeeps
TexasJim

Re: Considering Diablo Amigo

Post by TexasJim »

Today there is a Diablo Amigo on the Corpus Christi Craigslist for $1000. It says it's in Port Aransas, but the guy's phone is a 281 area code. TexasJim