TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By B.birdnest
Hey guys trying to decide on a new kayak, need your input ...please.
I fish out of my mako skiff 18'. I have been kayak fishing for about a year now, I love it. I am currently in a Pescador 120 pro. I feel it's time to upgrade, I am on the bubble between hobie outback or atak 120
I thought I was certain that the hobie would be my choice , but after this past weekend fishing shamrock cove had to paddle thru real skinny water, I know people say that you can futter kick the hobie,not a chance where I was at. I really don't plan on making 10-15 mile trips on my yak or going offshore , manliy fishing in the lagoon. Please advise. Thank you in advance.
By Tombo
I am looking at a very similar kayak, the ATAK 140. I will be trying out an ATAK 120 this weekend at Roy's Bait and Tackle demo day.
I can tell you the ATAK kayaks are heavy, might be a deal breaker for me trying to load this kayak.
My Hobie Revo 13 seems like a feather weight compared to the ATAK.
Nothing like testing to help make up your mind.
By EdK
If you plan on mother shipping go simple. As said by Tombo, the ataks are heavy. Paddle ok for a wider yak. With a brisk breeze, not so sure.
How does the ATAK 120 compare to the Radar 135 if primarily fishing inshore and skinny water marshes.
Amistad Fishing Report

Was there/is there any concern with safety? I fish[…]

Short Spring Break

Looks like a beautiful place. Is that an Opelousas[…]

What did you decide to do?

Gonna be a great meeting. Glen Sutton, TPWD speaki[…]