new to kayaking in abilene

wyattc

new to kayaking in abilene

Post by wyattc »

so i got a wild hair and got my first kayak. its a pescador perception pilot 12.0. ive fished lytle lake and lake clyde today, with no avail. looking for someone around abilene to show me around on places to kayak fish and teach me how to control it better. probably gonna hit up lake leon in the morning. any pointers would be great. happy to be here!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: new to kayaking in abilene

Post by kickingback »

Take it out to Fort Phantom lake and let yourself go. You can practice recovery and even fish if you like.
Bradleto

Post by Bradleto »

I know you can likely cross paths with guys heading to Possum Kingdom, not too far from you. But, for the most "action" where you can get in with some groups to learn more about kayaking and fishing from them, you need to watch the events scheduled to your east: Fort Worth and Dallas. Facebook has a D/FW Kayaker group and members are always looking for company. I'd make a few trips that way. Too, some big lakes south of you not so far attract kayak anglers!

Brad
turf_doc1

Post by turf_doc1 »

There is a small no wake lake +-3 miles south of Sweetwater , full of small bass , a great place to learn ,Lake Tramell.

I have a pescador pro 120 and would be glade to show you how I rigged it out