Washington State-to-Texas!!!

ajp

Washington State-to-Texas!!!

Post by ajp »

Hey Everyone,

My name is Anthony and I recently relocated to the Galveston area from Washington state.

I'm an avid fisherman, and generally spent an average of 100+ days on the water a year in Washington (Alaska & British Columbia) chasing Steelhead and Salmon in their natal rivers with great success, using gear and fly.

Everything I know about fishing for reds and trout locally, I have learned by fishing with a local kayak fishing guide,
Clint Burghi https://www.galvestonkayakfishing.com/. Clint got me into by first red/trout/catfish and a few other odd creatures. More importantly Clint is a great teacher who reduced my learning curve significantly, and I can generally go out now with great confidence and catch fish.

I just picked up a used Viking Profish Reload yesterday and I'm looking for a fishing partner or two. I have all the right gear and the right attitude. My schedule is really flexible, and I prefer to fish during the week or evenings, but will fish anytime. I'm in pretty good shape, mostly sane and intelligent, have lots of energy and always ready for adventure, especially things off the beaten path. Long paddles or short, If your looking for someone to fish with, I can be reached at 206.383.0231 - Please feel free to txt or call anytime. I got rained/lightening'd out this am, but I'm gonna head out tomorrow some place local.

I'm super excited to be living here and hope to meet at least a few of you in the days and years to come.

Thanks so much,
-anthony
ajpcomm123@gmail.com
lahai1dj

Re: Washington State-to-Texas!!!

Post by lahai1dj »

Welcome to the Houston/Galveston area. I'm enthusiastic about this fishery and am a semi new saltwater fisherman too. I won't be able to get back on the water until mid July but at that time I'd like to join you for a red/flounder/trout hunt.
Rsparrow

Post by Rsparrow »

Welcome Anthony, ex Great Northwet resident myself (Spokane & Port Angeles), long time ago.....

Let me help you out, that big yellow thing in the sky is the sun.... respect or it will eat your skin off!

Good luck on the water!
ajp

Post by ajp »

lahai1dj wrote:Welcome to the Houston/Galveston area. I'm enthusiastic about this fishery and am a semi new saltwater fisherman too. I won't be able to get back on the water until mid July but at that time I'd like to join you for a red/flounder/trout hunt.
Thanks so much for your kind reply. When you're ready, I'll be here and would love to go out together. Just let me know., it will be fun to figure things out together.

-anthony
ajp

Post by ajp »

Rsparrow wrote:Welcome Anthony, ex Great Northwet resident myself (Spokane & Port Angeles), long time ago.....

Let me help you out, that big yellow thing in the sky is the sun.... respect or it will eat your skin off!

Good luck on the water!
OMG!!! Yes that big yellow thing is intense, not to mention the humidity thing - I think i have lost about 10 lbs in sweat since I have been here.

I have to say though, its soooooo nice not to be cold. I have been down here a whopping 30 days tomorrow, and I'm happy to say I havent had a pair of wool socks on, or any socks on since I touched down!

Thanks for your kind reply.

-anthony