Hello from SE Tx

locolobo

Hello from SE Tx

Post by locolobo »

New to kayaks and new to the forum. I got the kayak a couple months ago but due to some health issues, haven't used it yet. I bought a used,almost new, Sun Dolphin 10 SOT. Judging from some comments on this and other sites the dolphin may not have been the best choice but due to some health issues I was not sure if I Could even get into the sport. Rib's starting to feel better and will be having other work done soon so I should find out soon if I need to sink an even larger sum of money into a better kayak. Anyway, It is good to read the stories, some from the Brazosport area, where I call home and they are pushing me to get back into fishing soon. See y'all around. Locolobo
TigerLandSportsman

Hello from SE Tx

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

It's an addicting sport.

I hope you have a speedy recovery.
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Hello from SE Tx

Post by pitontheprowl »

Welcome to the addiction
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Brand of kayak doesn't matter. I started on a cobra tandem with my wife, then got a pelican castaway. And dig this...the fish didn't care one iota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Welcome to the forum! Nope, brand of kayak doesn't matter as long as it gets you on the water. I started on a 10 ft Heritage I got used for $250, with the paddle, and caught a lot of fish on it the last 4 years. Upgraded and bought a new one 3 months ago and I think it jinxed me! Been having a hard time finding some keeper sized fish lately! lol
Anyway, there is a lot of good, safe, fishable water down in that area to explore and fish on your Sun Dolphin.
Speedy recovery and get out on the water soon. :)