Need Help Attaching Pics

castin4fish

Need Help Attaching Pics

Post by castin4fish »

Not new to kayaking but this is the first time I tried to attach a pic on this new or semi new TKF format. Not sure what Im doing wrong, but when I select (insert image) it won't open up my files to select an image to insert. Can anyone help a dummy out here? :oops:
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Need Help Attaching Pics

Post by kickingback »

You have t have a photo storage service and get a URL from there to paste it in between the [img] tags.
I use Photbucket but there are others.
castin4fish

Post by castin4fish »

kickingback wrote:You have t have a photo storage service and get a URL from there to paste it in between the [img] tags.
Thanks a bunch! :D
APynckel

Post by APynckel »

castin4fish wrote:
kickingback wrote:You have t have a photo storage service and get a URL from there to paste it in between the [img] tags.
Thanks a bunch! :D
If you just need quick photo hosting, imgur.com is my go to.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Thanks! just signed up! I hate Photobucket at times.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Seeing Past Photobucket Hotlink Block

Post by Ron Mc »

Seeing Past Photobucket Hotlink Block

Unless the OP deleted their photobucket account, every old photobucket image is still linked on this website (and every other place on the internet). Photobucket has chosen to show you a block image instead of the original image.

There are Free Add-Ons available for both Chrome and Firefox, which will let you choose to see the original photo instead of the "ransom block" image, both on this bulletin board and every other internet website.

For Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... aedg?hl=en

for Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ket-fixer/

After installing my add-on, I called up an old thread thread, and I can see every photo
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... &p=2247672
And of course, I can also see everyone else's old photobucket images in context on every thread and every website.

Uploading the patch, you're not doing photobucket any favors, giving them any money, agreeing with them - all you're doing is restoring your old knowledge base to where it was before the photobucket ransom

If you want to remove the add on later, go to Add-ons and remove or disable it, or with Chrome, just right-click on your toolbar.