Looking for a fishing partner

yaknewby

Looking for a fishing partner

Post by yaknewby »

Hello,
I'm new here, but not to fishing, although I'm still rather new to kayak fishing. I don't want to go out alone. I live in Pasadena, I'm 72, am retired, and can go pretty much all the time, except weekends. When the weather gets right, if anyone needs a partner, let me know. I have an Ocean 13-9, with a built in troll motor, so if the winds get too tough for paddling, I can haul you in. I've been yak fishing two years and my buddies I went with haven't been able to go. One had a stroke and the other went back to work. PM me if interested or shoot me an email. Keith :roll:
MudsharkfromTFF

Re: Looking for a fishing partner

Post by MudsharkfromTFF »

Thank you for your service, I wish I lived closer. I bet you find someone quick to fish with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
crusher

Post by crusher »

If I could hurry up and retire I'd be with you, but until then, my weekday paddles are few and far between. Good luck - glad to see you going strong. I know there's some weekday fishermen on here - I'd like to think they show up on your post sooner or later.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I can help you if you ever visit Rockport area.
jeremy.brown

Post by jeremy.brown »

yaknewby wrote:Hello,
I'm new here, but not to fishing, although I'm still rather new to kayak fishing. I don't want to go out alone. I live in Pasadena, I'm 72, am retired, and can go pretty much all the time, except weekends. When the weather gets right, if anyone needs a partner, let me know. I have an Ocean 13-9, with a built in troll motor, so if the winds get too tough for paddling, I can haul you in. I've been yak fishing two years and my buddies I went with haven't been able to go. One had a stroke and the other went back to work. PM me if interested or shoot me an email. Keith :roll:

Judging by your avatar you are a fellow brother from the Cav :) I live in Pearland and can fish during the week! I am newer to saltwater fishing (spent 3 years fishing for bass as my "job) and learning more every time I go out.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, dinner with a sunset...wait...wrong forum...

I would love to get together sometime and see what we can come up with!
yaknewby

Post by yaknewby »

Thank you, I met a guy here who wants to go to Texas City Dike Thursday and fish a place called Mosquito Island, just North of the Dike. You're welcome to join us. All I fished for years was in bass tournaments and got away from saltwater, so I'm learning again myself. I was with the Cav in Vietnam, 1966-1967. Glad to see another trooper. Text me at 281 352-4331 If you're interested in fishing Thursday. I'll give you the details. My name is Keith. Hope to hear from you.