Kayak/SUPs good for a Dog

SAWYER14426

Kayak/SUPs good for a Dog

Post by SAWYER14426 »

Looking for a Kayak/SUP to bring my Dog along. I will be mostly Fishing/Duck hunting, he'll just be tagging along when fishing and Retrieving downed fowl when duck hunting. I like the open surface area of a SUP but open to info on both.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Cigarsnjeeps

Re: Kayak/SUPs good for a Dog

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Check out the Diablo amigo. Its a cross between a fishing yak and a sup. And they have it setup so its easy to add a duck blind to it. Plenty of room for a pooch to run around on (depending on the pooch)

@cigarsnjeeps on IG and Twitter
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Depends on how big you dog is. Our 45# mix preferred the Native Ultimate. She could curl up and lay her head on the gunnels.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

A more stable, open floor plan with a high weight capacity is what you'll need. With yourself, your dog, and a load of decoys, you don't want to overload a kayak. The fist kayak that popped into my mind was the Nucanoe Pursuit. Nice paddling kayak hybrid with a good weight capacity. The open concept of canoe/kayak hybrids, IMO, offer the best platforms for hunting from as they have open designs so there's ample room for your dog and decoys. The benefit of the Pursuit as a hybrid is it has scupper holes to allow water to drain, so there's no fear of swamping.

Other Kayak/Canoe hybrids to check out that would also make nice fishing/hunting platforms are: Bass Pro Ascend H12, Jackson Kilroy DT, and Native Watercraft Ultimate FX 15.

The Diablo Paddlesports Amigo would be a good SUP/Kayak hybrid to look at. Obviously it has an open floor plan and a great weight capacity.

If you're not going to be hauling decoys, then it opens up a lot more traditional style kayaks.
Cigarsnjeeps

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

One downside to the Amigo right now is that some of the different colors are backordered. Its killing me waiting on mine to come in.

@cigarsnjeeps on IG and Twitter