Not new but it's been a while

waynewilson417

Not new but it's been a while

Post by waynewilson417 »

Good afternoon,

So after taking a hiatus from kayak fishing over the last few years, I've decided to jump back into it again, but man have a lot of things changed.

So the last couple of weeks I have been looking at nearly every manufacturer and the new models that have come out and new technology that was never an option a few years ago. I've narrowed it down to one kayak, the WS A.T.A.K. 140.

I want a versatile kayak that'll handle pretty much everything I throw at it. I mostly fish lakes/ponds, rivers, the marsh, and some coastal bays.

I wanted something that was wide enough to be stable while standing and sight casting, but still skinny enough that I won't lose all of my speed when trying to cover some open water. I was also looking for something with at least a 400lb capacity and plenty of storage as I'd be taking some multiple day fishing/camping trips along some rivers in the state. The ATAK seems to have both of these covered.

An added feature I like is the ability to add the trolling motor to the center console area in the future and remove it when I plan to get is skinny or rocky water. And still have the ability to efficiently paddle the kayak. Plus it helps me divide the cost over time.

So to make a long story short, I'm looking for some personal reviews from members here. Things you may not like about it or if there's another kayak you'd think would fit the bill better.

Thanks all...