Perception Pescador Limits

DFA1

Perception Pescador Limits

Post by DFA1 »

Hi all, I am wanting to get a sit on top yak to fish creeks and some marsh on the coast, but nothing mainlake. I have a lead on a great deal on a Perception Pescador 12. I have been trying to find out if me being 6ft and 225lbs will be a problem if I use plugs. I will just be doing day trips, so a rod and reel, small amount of tackle, and a small soft sided cooler will be all the gear I will use. I this going to be ok, or am I too heavy for this?
Getz-Some55

Re: Perception Pescador Limits

Post by Getz-Some55 »

I'm the same stature with the same boat and it works great for me. I've never tried plugs in mine, but I've seen others use them without any problems. The boat takes the waves pretty well too.
DFA1

Post by DFA1 »

I ended up buying the kayak, and took it out yesterday. It did great, and I did not feel too heavy at all for the kayak. It is a little more unstable than I expected, but still just fine for fishing.
Grier_M

Post by Grier_M »

I was looking at that kayak for a good month when I ended up going with the native manta ray 14 which fit me better and tracked better and was only 20 bucks more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

yep, great little kayak that could. I can even stand in it -- quite hard, tbh, but doable.
Yak-n TX

Post by Yak-n TX »

I've got nothing but good things to say about the Pescador. It was my first kayak and I've actually gone back to fishing out if it lately while I decide on my new one. In my opinion it's a very capable boat for inshore/lake/river fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
julioandadrie

Post by julioandadrie »

I just bought a perception sport pecador 12 anyone know a good salt water area marsh preffered to fish for first time in kayak

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk