TX Registration of Yaks w/Electric Motors

TexasJim

TX Registration of Yaks w/Electric Motors

Post by TexasJim »

Apparently, TX Sen Brian Birdwell, Granbury, has put forth a Bill to not require registrations(and titles) for small craft with electric motors. Good move! It's all about the money, anyway. E-mail your TX Senator, asking him/her to support this! I did. It's free.

I think Texas hired a whole bunch of MBA's, who just sit around and think up new "fees", that they can NOT call Taxes, to soak us! When you call them on it, they always say: "But we don't have a State Income Tax"! So what? Texas has one of the most robust economies in the nation, and we can function without all these ridiculous fees.

Texas Jim
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: TX Registration of Yaks w/Electric Motors

Post by kickingback »

TexasJim wrote:Apparently, TX Sen Brian Birdwell, Granbury, has put forth a Bill to not require registrations(and titles) for small craft with electric motors. Good move! It's all about the money, anyway. E-mail your TX Senator, asking him/her to support this! I did. It's free.

I think Texas hired a whole bunch of MBA's, who just sit around and think up new "fees", that they can NOT call Taxes, to soak us! When you call them on it, they always say: "But we don't have a State Income Tax"! So what? Texas has one of the most robust economies in the nation, and we can function without all these ridiculous fees.

Texas Jim
Not to mention the amount of money they get from the lottery which is mostly used for schools.

This will be great if they do this. I don't see where paying the same fee for a 26' boat that you have to pay for a 10' yak if you put an ELECTRIC TM on it. Doesn't make sense to charge for using your own energy and ellectricity to charge your own battery.
txspeck
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by txspeck »

agree!
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

Personally I don't/didn't have a problem paying registration when I used a trolling motor on my canoe.
I remember when kayaking was a poor man hobby and paddling was fun.
Remember we have a choice to add a motor to our rigs.
Again, I don't mind paying the fee should I make the choice to go electric again as long as the money got to and stays with TP&W as it should.

Next thing people will be bitching about paying for a fishing license be cause its human right to catch food to feed their own.......
Then complaining about there being over fishing and lack of resources. Just my thoughts..
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

kickingback wrote:I don't see where paying the same fee for a 26' boat that you have to pay for a 10' yak if you put an ELECTRIC TM on it.
Same feeling that I have to pay almost the same registration for my motorcycle that you pay for your trucks.....
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

pitontheprowl wrote:Personally I don't/didn't have a problem paying registration when I used a trolling motor on my canoe.
I remember when kayaking was a poor man hobby and paddling was fun.
Remember we have a choice to add a motor to our rigs.
Again, I don't mind paying the fee should I make the choice to go electric again as long as the money got to and stays with TP&W as it should.

Next thing people will be bitching about paying for a fishing license be cause its human right to catch food to feed their own.......
Then complaining about there being over fishing and lack of resources. Just my thoughts..
I get my license for free...Disabled veterans in Texas fee is waived. :dance:
shane77624

Post by shane77624 »

I do have a problem with it. The state gets enough of my money, I'll take every break I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk