New to Kayaking in SA!

Marcos

New to Kayaking in SA!

Post by Marcos »

Hello All! I am new to kayaking and kayak fishing. I have not fished out of my kayak yet, I have only kayaked down the Guadalupe a dozen times or so to get used to my new kayak. I purchased the Big Game 2 Prowler from ACK. I am really enjoying it. I will post a pic once I figure out how to upload it.
Attachments
IMG_0111.JPG
Lost_Philosophy

Re: New to Kayaking in SA!

Post by Lost_Philosophy »

Welcome! I'm new too.

How is the Guadalupe? I was just mentioning in another thread that I have yet to kayak a river. Can you detail a good put in spot you go to, and how you make it back? Idk if people kayak against the current.
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

Hi Lost_Philosophy!
The place the I have been going to is Guadalupe River Canoe Livery. They shuttle us up stream and we kayak downstream back the them. It is nice because you can go as slow or fast as you want. This is up from Canyon lake so there are less folks tubing this section of the river. I have been using them because of the shuttle. We are working on getting a second kayak roof rack to allow us to enter and exit anywhere we want. If you plan on coming down message me and I would be willing to meet you. Let me know if your interested.
robjm09

Post by robjm09 »

Let me know if you need a partner. I have also used the Livery. Used to be the $5 spot until it gained more popularity. I fish around that area a lot. Just haven't explored too much of the guad yet.