Field and stream shadow caster

karaski24

Field and stream shadow caster

Post by karaski24 »

Do any of you guys have experience with the field and stream shadow caster? I've read in a couple forums that they aren't very sturdy. I looked at them at dicks and they looked and felt solid to me, but I hear the hull cracks easy and some of the screws that hold the seat in pop out. Any info will be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Newt556

Re: Field and stream shadow caster

Post by Newt556 »

No experience per say. But I was in dicks couple weeks ago and a guy was exchanging one. He drug it on the boat ramp and it put a hole in the rear hull area. Dicks was exchanging it. Thought that was pretty good of them considering he had it in the water already. So the reviews you read may be spot on. If I were you Id wait to the new pelican catch 120 nxt??? or something comes out in a month or so. Lot of kayak for the money. check out the utube videos of icast 2016.
karaski24

Post by karaski24 »

I ended up getting one second day on the water the screws holding the seat in the upright position popped right out. It was the second day in to a 6 day fishing trip in east Texas. I'm taking it back Tuesday. Pretty sure I'm stuck with it though. The return policy says it must be in new condition to get a return. I have some scratches on the hull already. I really wish I had bought the catch 120 like you suggested.

Jeeten

Post by Jeeten »

I bought mine in May. I've had it out about a dozen times. I haven't had any issues with mine from dragging or storing. Overall I'm pleased with it. I felt like I got a lot of kayak for my money but I still want to do some upgrades (anchor trolley, mount a flag light, put some small lights on it etc.) Dick's has been pretty stand up about customer service with it, the price dropped a week after I bought it and they matched it. I also saw a guy exchange his at Dicks after fishing it without issue. I hope they resolved your issue the same way.
karaski24

Post by karaski24 »

I'm taking it back in the morning. I glad to hear you haven't had any problems. I've been thinking about giving this kayak another shot. Hopefully they'll swap it out for me. I'll let you know how it turns out.

karaski24

Post by karaski24 »

They took the kayak back no problem. I ended up getting my money back and going with an ascend h12.