Finally joined the club

pwooly

Finally joined the club

Post by pwooly »

After joining the forums 3 years ago and lurking around and posting a few times I finally pulled the trigger and bought a yak. I bought a Feelfree Moken 14. Thank you to Angler Runk here on the forums for selling me his kayak. I have been out twice with guides in the past 2 years and got addicted right then and there. Why wait so long most of you ask? Well I quit smoking 3 months ago and just recently the girlfriend decided she wanted to see other people, so I broke down and bought me a present. I'm ready to get out on the water in a couple of weeks to chase some tails. I will probably make another post on when and where to go and try and go with others to tag along, obviously safety is my number one goal. Also, thank you to everyone at the ACK store for helping me out on buying a paddle. Ended up buying a werner to prevent my self from upgrading in the future. The fun part begins in building mods for the kayak to my liking. Hope to get to fishing with some of you soon.

PS: I'm blaming you all now ahead of time for getting me started in this new hobby. :lol:
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Finally joined the club

Post by kickingback »

You can't blame us...it's an addiction...you ain't feeling good until you get into it and use it!

Welcome to kayaking! Enjoy!
crusher

Re: Finally joined the club

Post by crusher »

Interesting story. I imagine there are a lot of funny or chance ways we all got in to this problem of kayak fishing. Post up your trips and get on the water. Welcome to the club.