New Guy

ForestDweller13

New Guy

Post by ForestDweller13 »

I just bought my first Kayak (Ultimate 14.5) and I've been fishing my local small lakes with pretty good success. I have paddled many different kayaks and canoes but this is my first time owning one and it's awesome to say the least. But anyways, I am going to fish Village Creek and the Neches just south of B.A. Steinhagen this weekend with some family and friends and was wondering if anyone has fished those areas and how good the fishing is in that area. Thanks in advance for info anyone might give and I really like me some TKF as everyone on here was my deciding factor in purchasing the Ultimate. Here's a pic of my, new to me yak.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1371775396307.jpg
ForestDweller13

Re: New Guy

Post by ForestDweller13 »

Thought I'd share my first fish caught as well.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1371776747763.jpg
BlackRifle

Post by BlackRifle »

Nice boat! Welcome to the fun!
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

Nice and relaxing...just like the doctor ordered! Welcome and congrats on the new boat.
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by FishingSETX »

Hey you live close to those locations? I was born and raised in those areas! Grew up in silsbee and just moved back. If you still live around here, you should join the golden triangle forum! Great group of guys! You buy new or used? That sure looks like one of the other guys boats and i think he talked about selling a while back.
FJCruisin

Post by FJCruisin »

Welcome and congrats on a great kayak too. I started out in an Ultimate and loved it.