BigWorm wrote:Newbie question, are the plugs designs to cover-up (plug) completely the scupper holes or allow having some water escape/enter the yak? My OK Scrambler scupper holes are oval and the plugs are round... leaving small holes around the plugs.Scupper plugs are to "plug" the holes, no water in, no water out.
daveg99 wrote:I dont need them in my trident 15 because the weight capacity is 550lbs. But I use the plugs on my redfish quite a bit. When its real hot its nice to have water inside the boat though.
cliftonio wrote:I want my scuppers open to do what they are designed to do, let water out!
Maybe its because I am always wet when fishing,
- wading and cast netting before heading out
- launch in the surf, usually pretty wet before getting in the boat
- a few breakers over the bow and then I am certainly wet
- spashing water in clean off the slime after landing a fish
- dragging legs in after sitting side saddle
- plus that really large scupper the mirage drive goes it!
I wear quick dry clothes (full pant, long sleave shirt, quick dry undies , neoprene booties). Wet on the water, dry on the way home.
SPI is about 120 miles north to south. Corpus to P[…]
Thanks for the report. I haven't fished Goose Isla[…]
Guys I'm asking the kayak community for some help.[…]