Chapter forums....

TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Chapter forums....

Post by TKFStubb »

I've had a few pm's in regards to the availability of local chapter forums of TKF. Let me clear up a few of these...

TKF has 15 local chapter scattered around the Great State of Texas and beyond. These forums, although "hidden" from normal traffic are available to anyone who has an interest in joining in with other "local" anglers to plan meetings, trips, get-togethers, and other "local" business. You can pull down the list of chapters by clicking on the "Chapters" button in the lighter menu bar above each forum page. When you click on that list, you should be able to find a local chapter very close to you. The advantage to these being "hidden" is so that chapters can conduct their business in relative privacy and to keep spammers from causing havoc. No one is excluded from joining a chapter unless he/she has already had problems on other forums. All they require is that you click on "Join this chapter" which sends a request to join to the moderator of that chapter forum. Once he gets the request, he can activate your membership. Then, when you open up the TKF Index page, your local chapter will appear as one of the regular options. You can then keep up with "local" news and conditions and join your buddies for trips to YOUR local waters. But, if you don't send that request to that chapter moderator, he can't activate your membership. He can't do it over the phone or with an email.
I hope this clears up some of your questions about open or closed forums/chapters.
Thanks
Jory

Re: Chapter forums....

Post by Jory »

TKFStubb wrote:I've had a few pm's in regards to the availability of local chapter forums of TKF. Let me clear up a few of these...

You can pull down the list of chapters by clicking on the "Chapters" button in the lighter menu bar above each forum page. When you click on that list, you should be able to find a local chapter very close to you. T
Thanks
Perhaps I'm missing this? Don't see a "Chapter" option at all on the page? (I'm logged in)
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Jory,

Click on "User Control Panel" and once on the page, near the left side, click on "usergroups". The next page will show all of the chapters.
Jory

Post by Jory »

Perfect! Thanks NightWing.
Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Is it possible to be in two groups.

I live in Katy but also have a weekend place in Galveston

Just checking.
Francis

Post by Francis »

Just purchased a 2010 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler can't wait to do some fishing. Today met some true fishermen from Beaumont they were extremely good people and very helpful with my other tools I purchased. Thanks and Jared from Austin Canoe and Kayak had great customer service skills.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

Mr. B wrote:Is it possible to be in two groups.

I live in Katy but also have a weekend place in Galveston

Just checking.
Yes, you can. I'm in two groups.
rev579

Post by rev579 »

What would it take to start a forum for the Greater Tyler area?
powerpro69

Post by powerpro69 »

All they require is that you click on "Join this chapter"
Maybe it's too early, but I can't see a "join this Chapter" to click on!
Volkswatson

Post by Volkswatson »

rev579 wrote:What would it take to start a forum for the Greater Tyler area?
I agree. I've run into several yaks in the Longview/Tyler area.

(plus i live here!) :wink:

-VW
WLShafor

Post by WLShafor »

Where would the chapters button be located for members using TapaTalk app?
Daniel Rose

Post by Daniel Rose »

Nice one.
Redhunter713

Post by Redhunter713 »

I cant seem to find the "user groups" option. I would like to join a local group. Does this forum still have this feature?
EricRGV13

Post by EricRGV13 »

Redhunter713 wrote:I cant seem to find the "user groups" option. I would like to join a local group. Does this forum still have this feature?
Same here. Can't seem to find chapters.
Pooh73

Post by Pooh73 »

How do you get the sticker! I want it on my yak
RonnieL

Post by RonnieL »

I do not see the user =groups button. Is that option to see the local groups no longer available?
TKFStubb wrote:I've had a few pm's in regards to the availability of local chapter forums of TKF. Let me clear up a few of these...

TKF has 15 local chapter scattered around the Great State of Texas and beyond. These forums, although "hidden" from normal traffic are available to anyone who has an interest in joining in with other "local" anglers to plan meetings, trips, get-togethers, and other "local" business. You can pull down the list of chapters by clicking on the "Chapters" button in the lighter menu bar above each forum page. When you click on that list, you should be able to find a local chapter very close to you. The advantage to these being "hidden" is so that chapters can conduct their business in relative privacy and to keep spammers from causing havoc. No one is excluded from joining a chapter unless he/she has already had problems on other forums. All they require is that you click on "Join this chapter" which sends a request to join to the moderator of that chapter forum. Once he gets the request, he can activate your membership. Then, when you open up the TKF Index page, your local chapter will appear as one of the regular options. You can then keep up with "local" news and conditions and join your buddies for trips to YOUR local waters. But, if you don't send that request to that chapter moderator, he can't activate your membership. He can't do it over the phone or with an email.
I hope this clears up some of your questions about open or closed forums/chapters.
Thanks
Lucaskillians

Post by Lucaskillians »

I don't see it either.
Cbgfish4

Post by Cbgfish4 »

I'm having the same problem seeing the chapter drop down.
knotme

Post by knotme »

I've gotten as far as the User Control Panel but there is nothing on that page with the word "user" in it other than a list of my activities stating that "user joined the board." I've been through every single link (just a sort of due diligence thing). A little help even if it's that this is no longer available will be much appreciated. Thanks.

k
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

knotme wrote:I've gotten as far as the User Control Panel but there is nothing on that page with the word "user" in it other than a list of my activities stating that "user joined the board." I've been through every single link (just a sort of due diligence thing). A little help even if it's that this is no longer available will be much appreciated. Thanks.

k
Are the chapter forums not open to everyone now? I have access to all of them even though I never requested access.
RonnieL

Post by RonnieL »

No they are not accessible. I had access years ago but screwed up my account and had to start a new one since then I can’t get them or even request access to them.

I assume it’s a part of the site that has died.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

RonnieL wrote:No they are not accessible. I had access years ago but screwed up my account and had to start a new one since then I can’t get them or even request access to them.

I assume it’s a part of the site that has died.
Hmmm, I'll look into this.
knotme

Post by knotme »

I for one appreciate the look neumie; just trying to hook up with people occasionally towards the south end of SPI. Looking more to the gulf side but am up for the bay too. Not exactly a newb, just haven't done big water this side.

k
starr1005

Post by starr1005 »

Thanks
I was reading through the other comments, and wasn't sure if it was ever clear on how to join the sub chapters? Is this still an option, and could someone please point me in the direction if it is? Thanks ahead!
mkordie

Post by mkordie »

I guess I'm missing something too. I can't see how to the chapter forms