TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By TKFStubb
I've had a few pm's in regards to the availability of local chapter forums of TKF. Let me clear up a few of these...

TKF has 15 local chapter scattered around the Great State of Texas and beyond. These forums, although "hidden" from normal traffic are available to anyone who has an interest in joining in with other "local" anglers to plan meetings, trips, get-togethers, and other "local" business. You can pull down the list of chapters by clicking on the "Chapters" button in the lighter menu bar above each forum page. When you click on that list, you should be able to find a local chapter very close to you. The advantage to these being "hidden" is so that chapters can conduct their business in relative privacy and to keep spammers from causing havoc. No one is excluded from joining a chapter unless he/she has already had problems on other forums. All they require is that you click on "Join this chapter" which sends a request to join to the moderator of that chapter forum. Once he gets the request, he can activate your membership. Then, when you open up the TKF Index page, your local chapter will appear as one of the regular options. You can then keep up with "local" news and conditions and join your buddies for trips to YOUR local waters. But, if you don't send that request to that chapter moderator, he can't activate your membership. He can't do it over the phone or with an email.
I hope this clears up some of your questions about open or closed forums/chapters.
Thanks
By Jory
TKFStubb wrote:I've had a few pm's in regards to the availability of local chapter forums of TKF. Let me clear up a few of these...

You can pull down the list of chapters by clicking on the "Chapters" button in the lighter menu bar above each forum page. When you click on that list, you should be able to find a local chapter very close to you. T
Thanks

Perhaps I'm missing this? Don't see a "Chapter" option at all on the page? (I'm logged in)
By Night Wing
Jory,

Click on "User Control Panel" and once on the page, near the left side, click on "usergroups". The next page will show all of the chapters.
By Mr. B
Is it possible to be in two groups.

I live in Katy but also have a weekend place in Galveston

Just checking.
By Francis
Just purchased a 2010 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler can't wait to do some fishing. Today met some true fishermen from Beaumont they were extremely good people and very helpful with my other tools I purchased. Thanks and Jared from Austin Canoe and Kayak had great customer service skills.
By Night Wing
Mr. B wrote:Is it possible to be in two groups.

I live in Katy but also have a weekend place in Galveston

Just checking.

Yes, you can. I'm in two groups.
By powerpro69
All they require is that you click on "Join this chapter"

Maybe it's too early, but I can't see a "join this Chapter" to click on!
By Volkswatson
rev579 wrote:What would it take to start a forum for the Greater Tyler area?

I agree. I've run into several yaks in the Longview/Tyler area.

(plus i live here!) :wink:

-VW
By EricRGV13
Redhunter713 wrote:I cant seem to find the "user groups" option. I would like to join a local group. Does this forum still have this feature?

Same here. Can't seem to find chapters.

They run $3500 but your talking new models with al[…]

Be careful on water...

... these things are extremely dangerous!

Fish of the Week-Topic 7: Largemouth Bass

Tagged for latter

Thanks, guys. And Cuervo, in the current climate o[…]